Chapter 26

Y/N'S POV:

"Urgh!" I grumbled into the empty room that surrounded me, the sun shining through the windows and the breeze flowing in quite nicely.

I roll around in my sheets, the position I was in being way to uncomfortable for my liking.

It's been a few days with these fucking wings. I have barely slept as the aching pain from my shoulders hurt like a bitch and my muscles were tense from continuously moving around my wings to get situated in my sleep.

My joints grumbled, and I groan again. I haven't figured out a way to force them back into my body and I was starting to get pretty pissed at them.

I've never knew that I had wings. So why did they have to come out at such an inconvenience now?

Peeling my eyes away from the pillow I stuffed my entire face in, I crank myself upwards, now in a sitting position.

As I turn to get out of my precious bed, I hear a soft knock on the door.

Giving an answer, I hear it creak open, the sound of the door followed by a voice.

"Y/n? You should come out of your room! It's been days.." Emil murmured, a soft expression on her face that would melt someone's heart in an instance.

"I don't want to. I need to stay as far away from the kings as possible. I don't want to see their faces." I told her out loud, a little louder than I would have expected it to be.

Emil flinched beside me, her soft expression turning into a frown.

I've stayed away from them as much as possible and have been kept up in my room. After the argument we've had, I decided I wanted nothing to do with them for as long as possible. Until my mind and heart decides to forgive them..which would..not be for awhile.

Noticing the eerie silence, I turn to Emil, seeing that now her frown was gone, the upside smile that she had, replaced with a nervous expression.

"What is it Emil?" I question, feeling something off from her presence. A shiver ran down my spine, sensing the nerve racking radiation from her.

"It's an emergency y/n!" She exclaimed, surprising me from her sudden outburst, then turning away from my vision and running out the door, not giving me time to yell out to her and ask her what happened.

Seeing how she acted, I jolt out of the bed, frantic to chase after her, causing me to launch into the air and hit the ceiling.

"What the fu-" I growled, frustrated that it's happened for the seventh time.

My wings spread out, flapping on instinct. I was ticked off. Every time I got out of bed eagerly or in a flash, my wings would spread out and shoot me up into the air, making me end up hurting myself because of the darn ceiling above my head.

Focusing on trying to stop the continuous flapping of my wings, I feel myself beginning to feel lighter. I creep open my eyes, but not before shutting them tightly as I feel myself falling to the floor, the flapping of my wings coming to an abrupt stop.

I thumped on the floor, the wooden planks creaking in the process and I groan again, the aching pain from my shoulders flowing down to my spine.

I still haven't controlled myself on how to use these wings at the correct time and place. I haven't even learned how to fly except for that miraculous time.

I let out a angry huff as I try to collect myself on the ground.

Upon hearing a voice from beside me, I turn my head to right on the floor to look at the door.