xɪɪ. ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀɴ ꜰᴇᴍɪɴɪsᴍ

ابدأ من البداية

Max hesitated, looking down at her feet. "It's, um... it's a fail-safe." Viola's heart dropped for what seemed like the millionth time this week. "For after. You know, if.. if things don't work out." Viola stood up. "Red, don't say that. Things are gonna work out." She told her girlfriend. "No!" Max yelled suddenly, Viola flinched back. "No, I don't need you to reassure me right now and tell me it's all gonna work out. Because, people have been telling me that my entire life and it's almost never true." She snapped at the girl.

The brunette knitted her eyebrows together, on the verge of tears. Her throat burned as she tried not to cry.

"It was one hit. Don't cry. Everyone laughs at you if you cry." Her mother scolded in the car. "You cry at stupid things people will treat you like a baby."

"It's never true." Max repeated. "And I mean, of course this asshole curses me. Should've seen that one coming." She muttered to herself. Max then inhaled deeply before turning to a walkie which sat on a small table. She walked towards it and grabbed it. "If we go to East Hawkins, will this still reach Pennhurst?" She asked. "Of course. Yeah." Dustin nodded. "Wait, why are we talking about East Hawkins?" Steve asked.

Max stayed quiet, giving him the look. "No. No. No!" Steve yelled at them.

The red-head didn't listen and instead grabbed her bag, leaving the Wheeler's basement. Viola was stuck standing still in the basement, a million memories running through her at once.

"Nothing gets better."

"You're going to be like this forever."

"Don't tell me you're a fag."

She didn't know why Max's outburst brought back all these flashbacks. She hadn't had once since late February. Why was she getting them now? Of all times in the world why now.

"We hate you."

"Viola! Let's go!" Dustin shook the girl making her snap out of her trance, following after her friends.

"Max. Max, seriously!" Steve yelled as they marched after the red-head. "Seriously, I'm not joking. I'm not driving you anywhere." He told her as she exited the driveway. "Steve, if you think I'm going to spend what is likely the last day of my life in the armpit that is Mike Wheeler's basement, then you're out of your mind." She told the Harrington boy. "So, either take me where I need to go or you're gonna have to tie me down, which is technically kidnapping of a minor. And If I live to see another day, Steve, I swear to God, I will prosecute."

Max stopped at the cat door, pulling on the handle to open it only to realize the door was locked. She rolled her eyes and turned to Steve. "Open the door." She demanded. "Uh, no." Steve answered. "I know a good lawyer." She challenged. Steve looked at her, flabbergasted. He then scoffed and shook his head as he took his keys out of his pocket. "Henderson, that super walkie of yours better reach to Pennhurst." He told him as he unlocked the cat door, pressing a button that unlocked the rest of them.

Dustin just nodded before opening his door as Viola opened hers, sliding into the middle where she sat squashed between Max and Lucas.

Once everyone was inside they pulled out of the Wheeler's neighborhood, passing a car as they turned in. Viola glanced over at the car, catching sight of the one and only Lockeheart adults.