Curiosity - Nakamura Kazuha

For our birthday girl <33

Your P.O.V.

"I like you."

She put her hands on the handrail behind me and inched her face closer to mine. I closed my eyes and patiently waited for her lips to touch mine.

"Y/n, wake up!"

I immediately opened my eyelids and sat up the armchair.

"Huh? What?" I croaked out.

"We're going out to take a break and get some snacks. You wanna come with us?" my friend asked.

I hummed as a response and fixed my notes and papers, putting them in my bag before standing up.

It was already 7PM and we weren't finished studying for the finals. Me and my friends enrolled in this after school review center, which I should mention, was just beside this ballet studio.

Once we were out the door, I went behind my friends and intentionally walked slower to take a peek at the door next to ours. The girls were stretching, I roamed my eyes around the room to look for a specific person.

After seeing her, a smile crept up my lips. She was very focused on stretching her limbs.

"Y/n! Do you want to stare at your crush all night or eat?" my friend called to me.

I sighed before walking quick to catch up to them. Ever since we started studying in this review center, I would always sneak a peek at the studio next door. At first, I merely checked them out due to curiosity. But when I saw that girl, I instantly had a crush on her. She was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

"By the way, I don't have a crush on that girl. Or anyone from the studio." I told my friend once we arrived at the convenience store.

"Don't even lie. We know how much you stare at the room." she laughed.

"I just... want to watch how they dance." I lied.

"Really? Why, you wanna do ballet too?" she asked.

"M-maybe..." I shrugged.

In no way was I a good dancer, nor a person who had interest in doing ballet. But knowing my friends, they wouldn't stop teasing me until I make a move on this girl. And I really don't have enough courage to even confront her.

"You should try joining, then. We can ask them for you--"

"No thanks. I'm already busy studying." I cut her off before heading to the counter with snacks.

After eating for a while, we quickly cleaned up and headed back to our room. As usual, I let them walk ahead of me while I watched videos on my phone. I wasn't really much of a talker and my friends weren't really that clingy to me either.

When I realized we were only a few steps away from the door, I turned my phone off and put it back in my pocket to peek at the studio again. But when I looked up, the girl had just walked out of their door and our eyes met.

My friends were already on their way inside so she was standing exactly in front of me. Being the coward that I am, I drifted my eyes away after a few seconds and just went to our room.

Oh my God she just looked at me.

"Excuse me?"

I quickly turned around after hearing that voice.

"You dropped this." she held out my handkerchief, which I didn't even feel fall out my pocket.

"Oh, thanks." I smiled a little and took the piece of cloth.