𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔-𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙀

Start from the beginning

"It's nothing, we're friends, like you and him are friends."

"When did this happen?" I demanded, sitting up more. "When's the first date?"

Bradley seemed just as interested to know, as he sat down in a plastic chair next to my bed.

"It's nothing," Nat repeated, like she was trying to convince herself of it too. "We're all pilot's, we know the same things, do the same things, it's easy to have a lot in common with someone."

"Reu owes me five bucks." I squealed, doing a little dance in bed.

"You did not!" Nat shrieked, coming at me. Bradley let her, but his eyes never left her hands around my neck. She pretended to shake me. "Betting is a Bradley/Lilah thing!"

"We all have to earn a living," I told her with a shrug.

She rolled her eyes. "Lilah, you're a millionaire and have a better salary than all of us, shut your mouth."

"Most of the money goes to Jamie," I reminded her. "To his savings account in case something happens to me."

"Such a mom," Bradley mocked, rubbing his against my hand. The action made butterflies flutter in my stomach.

I didn't get the chance to snap something back because a nurse came into our little area. Nat quickly got up, retreating to behind Bradley. The little nurse closed the curtain and picked up my chart.

She read in silence and all three of us seemed to hold our breaths. She finally glanced up at us, her dyed-red curls bouncing.

"I'm going to do a quick examination and then you can get out of here, okay? The doctor put you on bed rest until tomorrow, when he wants you to come here before pre-checks, okay?" 

I nodded and watched quietly. She carefully removed the blanket on top of me. I had on a t-shirt now and I realized it was Bradley's. I was in a pair of my more appropriate underwear.

She gently lifted my shirt, but not before she gave Bradley a scornful glance. I could feel her cold hands through the gloves as she pressed down on my stomach. I didn't dare glance down at the purple and black bruises I knew covered it.

"Does that hurt?" she asked, basically shoving her fingers into a tender spot on my side.

I held in a groan. "No," I lied.

She gave me an unsatisfied hump!, but continued on. She didn't ask anymore questions as she checked my bandages and my shoulder.

"All of your organs look good, as well as your ribs. I'm sending your," she almost scoffed, glancing at Bradley, "Friend with a thermometer and some medicine. He needs to check your temp every hour and give us the medication before dinner."

"What is it?" I asked as she handed the bottle to Bradley. He tucked it into his pocket with the thermometer

"A painkiller and sedative, I'll help you sleep tonight, pain free."

I didn't dare let my face shift into anything but an understanding look. Bradley wasn't so good, his mouth turned upside down in a frown. If the nurse noticed, she didn't say anything.

"Alright, you're good to go, let me grab you a wheelchair and some pants." she said, bustling out of our makeshift room.

Bradley quickly stood up, scooping me into his arms. I slapped my hand over my mouth to hide my shriek and giggles.

"Brad, put me down!" I hissed, beating on his arm. He didn't listen, sweeping me out of the room. Nat quickly followed, glancing down the long med hall evilly to see if the coast was clear.