𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔-𝙎𝙄𝙓

"Two shots of tequila, please." I shouted at the bartender over the blasting music. I leaned over the counter, on my tippy-toes. I'd lost my heels somewhere along the night, maybe after the third or forth shot. 

"Hiya, there, Hurricane!" the male bartender yelled back, pouring me my drinks. I couldn't remember the guys name, maybe Derek, or Harry? "It's been a minute!"

"Hell, yeah, it has!" I glanced back at my group that was in the VIP section. "I'll take the two shots and a 13 of the Hurricanes, all on my tab." 

"Will do," the bartender, Henry, I decided on, said, chuckling. "Big group you got there."

I glanced back again at the pilot's, three had evacuated the small closed off lounge we were in. Nat was on the dance floor with Coyote and Mickey, dancing in between them with her head thrown back in a laugh. 

"They're here for my birthday! I'm turning 27!" I told him, leaning back over to counter to glance at the blue drinks he was making.

"Wow, 6 year anniversary of you coming here?" he questioned, pouring the last two.

"10th, actually." I admitted, sucking in a breath through my teeth. "I had older friends." 

"Uh-huh," Henry said, throwing his towel over his shoulder. "Well, since you're the birthday girl, it's on the house."

"Why thank you," I giggled at him, winking. I slid the heavy tray of drink off, almost dropping it. Someone caught it, and picked it up with ease. 

"Need some help?" Bradley asked, his voice low and slightly slurred. I didn't know how much he'd had to drink, but he was keeping up with me. 

"Thank you, my knight and shining Rooster." I said, stumbling into him. "This has been fun, hasn't it, drowning our sorrows and regret with alcohol. And the day after tomorrow," I slurred out, "We die. Isn't that funny, I get to choose from a group of friends, and pick five of you to die?"

Bradley didn't respond as he slid the platter of drinks onto the table. I hurriedly grabbed the two shot of tequila, handing one to him and keeping the other. "Together?"

"Together." he muttered and downed the vile liquid. "God, that's shit tequila, L, why would you choose to drink that?"

"It's what I used t drink when I wasn't a millionaire and owned two houses."  I told him, grabbing the Hurricane shot glass. I shot that, too. "In high school, all of my money went into savings, for after the Academy, to give to Jamie if needed. Plus, shit alcohol gets you drunker faster. Let's dance!" 

I grabbed him arm and limped onto the dance floor. I shoved through sweaty body, the smell of BO, booze, and pot filling my nose. I wrinkled it slightly, the smell making me want to puke more than I already did. 

I finally found Nat, letting go of Brad's hand to grab hers. She spun me around, pulling me close to her body. Both our our hips moved slowly with the sound of the music blaring. I could feel Bradley's eyes on me, roaming my body. I glanced up at him through my eyelashes. 

"Excuse me, Tasha," Bradley said, grabbing my waist and stopping me. "I think I'd like to dance with my girlfriend." 

He pulled me away before Nat could respond. I put my back to his body, rubbing up against him. I felt a bulge in his pants. 

"Like what you saw?" I breathed into his ear, continuing to sway my hips. "Wanna go outside?"

"Actually, let's go home." he muttered back, stopping my hips from moving. "Too many people that could walk out on me slowly unraveling you." 

"Brad." 

"Lilah." 

The way he exhaled my name sent my nerves spirally. He ran his finger down my arm, goosebumps appearing.