Hal

"You kidnapped a child?" Hal Jordan shouted at the guardians. "Have you learned nothing from...everything!"

Kilowog stood beside him.

"He has a point. Kidnapping a group of children, bringing them to an alien planet, and separating them? That doesn't make for a happy ending."

"We did what we had to," Appa glared. "For the child and all of Earth. Her power levels are off the charts."

"So you drag her to an alien planet she had no idea existed?"

Hal and Kilowog had been out on a mission and only just returned to learn about the newest person in lockup.

"She's 10!"

But the guardians showed no remorse. That was an emotion after all.

And Guy Gardener, of all green lanterns available on earth. If only Hal had been there. He was good with kids.

"We have everything under control--" Appa began.

And that's when the right wall exploded.

Using the rings to make shields, with Salaak making one for himself and the guardians, they could see through the settling rubble the form of a child bathed in right light hovering above them.

And she was not happy.

Only for so long could she be entertained by the information literally at her fingers. Her pointer finger to be exact.

Her mind traveled beck to her siblings. Alone, locked up, and chained, just like she was now.

And then came people to hurt them...if they aren't already dead.

How could Vera know if she could trust these guardians. After what had happened to the forgotten sector.

The manhunters...

Appa...

Scar...

They could not be trusted.

And that's when the rage began. For her siblings, who were still living in fear, for people she had never met, against the guardians, and finally, for herself.

The chains short-circuited, or died, or something as she was surrounded in red.

She wasn't afraid. She wasn't bored. She was angry.

No alarms had gone off until then. The girl must have snuck out of her cell before she started smashing in walls.

She glared at them from above, the light around her like fresh blood. She looked down on them like a queen looking at the traitors she was about to execute.

"Uh, hi!" Hal began, waving to the child. "I'm Hal Jordan, maybe you've heard of me, since we're both from earth."

"Hal, you ware a mask, of course she doesn't know you." Kilowog hissed.

"Oh right. Anyway!" Hal turned back to Vera. "Hal Jordan, and you are..."

"I am rage. I am vengeance. I am death!" Vera thundered, red energy crackling around her body. "And you are in my way."

"Way of what?" Hal questioned, voice still calm. "What is it that you want?"

Vere's eyes were slits as she took in one of the guardians of her planet.

She opened her mouth to speak--when a beam of green light came out of nowhere and hit her.

"GUY!" Hal shouted.

Vera hit the floor hard. She turned to see the same dunce who had brought her and her siblings to Oa.

He floated over her, sneering.

"I set to stun Jordan. She had to be taken down."

But Guy wasn't able to defend himself as a rage vortex of red energy sent him crashing harder into the ground.

Unlike Vera, he was knocked out cold.

Unfortunately, Guy's arrival and attack had heralded the response of 6 other green lanterns.

Vera rolled her eyes at the small group of alien. Flying up into the air, she sent out crackling beams of energy from her.

Like electricity, the boiling energy reached the approaching green lanterns. They screamed in pain as they fell to the ground, unconscious.

"Stop her!" Appa screamed.

The human child turned back at him. Her eyes revealed the most terrifying look Hal Jordan had ever seen. And he had seen a lot of those.

She gave an inhuman cry, her eyes glowing with the red power of rage. The ground seemed to shake beneath them at the girl's power.

"Where are they?!"