Aya

Aya did not leave the universe on good terms.

She nearly remade the universe to her own making. The universe, like most people, did not like to be molded to someone else's design.

Aya should have understood that better than anyone.

But she had thought there was a flaw in the universe, one that needed to be fixed.

That's just what everyone thought about her.

Incorrect. Correction: Green Lanterns Hal Jordan and Kilowag did not think that. Blue Lantern Saint Walker did not think that. Red Lantern Margot did not think that. Razer did not think that.

Razer was hard to sort. He was now a red and blue lantern. And his powers were...different from other lanterns, which was to be expected.

But what did she sort into. She wasn't a green lantern. She wasn't fully mechanical, nor fully organic. She just was.

Incorrect. Correction: is.

Aya missed the Interceptor.

Her origin point. Her home.

She had destroyed it.

The Multi-Light, Hal's name not Razer's, was an advanced state of the art craft with all the latest, most powerful, safest capabilities in the galaxy.

But it was not the Interceptor.

It was illogical to be so attached to a lifeless object. It did not matter.

It was your home. Of course it does.

She hadn't told Razer of her discomfort with the ship. To be truthful, it was a small price to pay to be reunited with him.

What's he like?

Margot's words came easily into her mind

A young woman cut off from the universe for 81 years, unaging from her physical age of 21.

Aya had spent 5 years with the woman and found her to have much in common with Razer.

Like you. He's hurt emotionally. He doesn't like to talk about his feelings. But he's brave and strong and caring.

Sounds like you, she had retorted.

Aya had never thought of that before.

She wondered if she was alike to others as well. Before, she had only ever noticed her differences; her clipped voice, her past, what she was, whether AI or piece of a being of pure willpower.

That part of her still confused her. Aya had been on Oa sparsely since her return to the wider universe.

Part of her own nerves (a fascinating emotion) about how she would be viewed, and part her own anger toward the guardians.

Sayd wasn't that bad, and Ganthet was very understanding, but Appa and the others...they reminded her of Scar. Her creator. Her mother.

Mother: 1. A parent, traditionally female though the name can truly be used however a child wants to. Cares for a child with love and nurture.

2. The being who gives birth or creates and incubates a being.

Scar certainly fit the second definition, but the first...

She would have to research more into "mother."

A cough behind her interrupted Aya from her thoughts.

She turned to face Razer.

She had not yet grown accustomed to seeing his hair. Or his new costume. Truthfully, she missed his old helmet. Kilowog told her he once wore a hood.

A scan showed her he was nervous. But her program and abilities did not include mind-reading.

"What is it Razer?" She smiled.

He seemed to have trouble beginning. That seemed to be a real problem for him, ever since he tried to be less sarcastic and deadpan.

What kind of blue lantern talks like that? He had said.

Aya had corrected him and said he was both a member of the red and blue lantern corps.

"Be as sarcastic and deadpan as you want." Aya added.

Razer quirked an eyebrow.

"That is not what I was struggling with, but thank you Aya." He started again. "I got an assignment from Margot and Ganthet. They want me to speak to a new red lantern. A human 10-year-old child."

Aya, while focusing on emotions, did not show them often, but her eyes widened.

"My databanks report no lantern of any corps being that young."

Aya hadn't even known rings could go to someone so young. Logically, the rings weren't assigned or blocked from anyone due to age. But logic also sided against children having power rings.

"That is...a very traumatized child." Aya hypothesized.

From her research, all red lanterns had a traumatizing past. Razer had lost his wife, Margot's family had been slaughtered, Bleez's planet destroyed...

"You have no idea." Razer replied with a sad chuckle. "I agreed to go of course. But Aya, the child is detained on Oa."

Aya was...not used to being hit by so many emotions at once. The only other time she can think of it happening was when the was reunited with Razer, Hal, and Kilowag.

But that had been a mix of happiness, love, and remaining guilt from all she had done to them years ago.

This flash of emotions had happiness, but also anger and confusion.

Lack of data: addition: fear.

But Aya didn't show any of that on her face. At least, she didn't think she did. Razer could read her better than most people.

"Then I will set the fastest course to Oa from our present location." Aya responded as she walked away before he could react.

Aya hated talking about her feelings.