mihawk - forgotten birthday | part 2

He remembered his birthday and how you surprised him. After you left the room, he got up and started thinking. He brought no gifts, had no money, but what was money useful for in an island where only he, you and perona were together.

Sighting, he went to the kitchen, rolled up his sleeves and started working.

*******

Living in a castle, in the middle of literally nowhere, Mihawk had to take strict measures (just like any other sane person would do), to grant a good living. Everytime Mihawk shopped, he usually bought almost every article the store had just in case and would stock up everything.

Sighting form the absolutely fucked up he had done, he went to the kitchen and after giving it a thought, he was like 'yeah, I can totally make this happen'

He began looking for some special ingredients, which he prayed to god for the first time, for ingredients to be there.

Finally with the ingredients on the table, he started doing everything based on his instict. Mihawk wanted, to bake a cake for you, as a birthday and apology gift.

How hard would it be to bake a cake and add some frosting right? Going with his intuition, he baked the cake and did all the frosting (which was surprisingly good) and pulled it up all together.

Being the very clean person in cooking I imagine he is, Mihawk cleaned the whole kitchen counter where he prepared the cake and made it shine.

And right before his eyes, stood a cake. He did all the work while you were gone and surprisingly, he saw your figure entering the room with a towel on your head (yes, morning showers>) just moments after he finished everything in clean details.

You entered the room and saw Mihawk there with a cake on the table. You continued walking closer to the table, to see the cake more closely.

Mihawk for the first time in his and yours life, hugged you and apologized for forgetting your birthday.

"Y/n, I am so sorry. I know that forgetting a birthday is more than a terrible thing when you expect something from literally two people that you have here. I baked this cake as a late birthday gift and as an apology."

You sliced a little triangle from the cake and ate a spoonful. Flavors melted on your tongue. The vibrating taste of vanilla lingered in your tongue, the cake was soft, the frosting was more than beautiful.

He remembered your little details, how you loved vanilla frosting, how you loved soft cake and all that. He remembered all that, and you, definitely enjoyed that.

Your eyes started wattering, it was emotional. Not only he baked all that masterpiece of a cake, but he also apologized for being late, for forgetting.

He went by your side and hugged you again (mihawk gentleman) Tears started falling down and you were sniffing the moment you left his shoulders.

Seeing you shedding tears, was a new side of you to him. That bubbly sweet image of yours vanished from his eyes as your tears fell down.

"W-wait! Why are you crying? Is the cake bad?" he looked at you with wide eyes, afraid but also concerned about you.

Then it clicked in his head. Maybe you were crying because he forgot your birthday, which in his argumentation, was more than acceptable and fair.

"Oh, I am truly sorry for forgetting your birthday. I did heard you mentioning it, its just that, I forgot and I am sorry really-"

"Stop apologizing, -you said hugging him once again and crying on his neck, -you did all this things for me. So kind. You can't expect me not getting emotional when you did all this" you said hugging him more as he patted your head in relief.

"Yosh yosh, don't cry anymore you'll get sick. Let me make it up to you for yesterday. Let's eat the cake" he said smiling, which was a very rare occasion. (indeed)

'Ah, I really got the jackpot with him'
'Ah, I really got the jackpot with her' you both thought after looking for a while at each others eyes and started to eat the cake together now.

******

"Mihawk~ we have another guest here" Perona said swinging her umbrella and playing with her ghosts.

"Perona no, tell them to leave" he said eyes still at the newspaper he was holding.

"Oi, Hawk-Eye" a deeply injured young lad said. "Zoro!" you said loudly, getting up on your feets.
"Roronoa" Mihawk said nonchalantly, looking at his burned out state.

Falling on his knees, zoro said: "Please, will you train me, as a swordsman?"
"You disappointed me, stand up,- he said looking away,- I can't believe you are asking your enemy for instruction. Have you no shame?"

"I'll train more, to be able to kill you." zoro said
".... Perhaps, your priority is a different now, Roronoa?"

"Mihawk" you called his name. Giving you a reassuring look, he began saying: "Perona, take care of his wounds. We'll begin training when his wounds are healed."

Smiling, zoro got up, as perona rushed him to his room, to treat his injuries. "What a fool, but he's not someone who would walk ober his pride for himself." mihawk said softly under his breath.

"Something must have happened with luffy. I hope everyone's alright" you said sighing, leaving the rest of your thoughts behind.

Now it wasn't just you, mihawk and perona in the castle. Zoro joined you giys too. You knew that one day everyone was gonna leave, he knew it too, but the days you all would spend together, will definitely stay on your hearts forever.

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚* °.·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Author: sooo, here's part two everyone, how you like ittt

Zoro: author-sann, I made such a beautiful cameo here. Can't believe you included me in too (ㅠㅠ)

Perona: jeez how much more fake can you be
Zoro: what did you say woman

Mihawk: they're wild as ever *cracks a smile*
Author: *clicks a pic of mihawk smiling, fangirls over it, cries over it, worships it, prints it*

Perona: hmph, simp, he's not that good
Zoro: WHAT YOU SAID TO MJH-SAN

Author: Zoro no!!!

[credits for this chapter's photo, go to the official anime]