❥˙{𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗩𝗢𝗜𝗗 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗟𝗘𝗙𝗧}

"why so gloomy Megumi?"

• 12 •
__________________________________________

It has been a while since you became a third year, there aren't any sparks of excitement it's so boring for you.

They would give you missions to do and sometimes asked you to accompany the second year but it's nothing too challenging or interesting.

You were informed about the Kyoto Goodwill event coming up around the corner. It was the only interesting thing you could participate in since it's an event made for second and third years.

Unfortunately you have to ask the first year to join this year's event because you and the second year are short in people which forces you to ask them.

You're walking around while searching for a spiky haired boy yet your efforts were useless because he just got back from somewhere.

Once he got back, you immediately went up to him but he wasn't alone nor was he wearing his usual pokerface. He has this kind of gloomy expression on his face while Nobara was tearing up.

Satoru told you what had happened the other day, Itadori Yuji died because Sukuna ripped his heart out of Yuji's body.

It wouldn't have happened if the higher ups didn't lie about the mission being a low ranking mission, you knew for a fact the higher ups did that on purpose.

When Satoru told you, you went livid. You began to rant all day long about how they just killed a kid, A LITERAL ,15 YEARS OLD KID! Yuji didn't deserve any of that nor did the other first year. They shouldn't be experiencing something like this 2 weeks after they joined.

You swore you could have been suspended like Hakari and Kirara if it weren't for Satoru knocking you out.

You figured it wasn't the right time to ask them, but it is the Right time to comfort them about the whole situation.

You slowly took a sit between those two, first you're going to comfort Megumi and then Nobara. You're not good at this kind of thing but it's worth to try right?

"Megumin, I'm not good at comforting people but just know that it wasn't your fault so don't blame yourself nor was it Yuji's fault. If you want to blame anyone, blame it on the higher ups, they lied about the mission. No one wants their friend to be killed like that, so take your time to recover. If you wanna quit, i could talk to Satoru about it" you pulled him closer and you placed your hand on the side of his head.

"(Name) senpai.... I'm fine. just a little shocked i guess..?" Megumi replied with a hint of sadness in his voice. Your eyes softened before hugging him with both of your arms.

He doesn't deserve any of this. If only you knew about that mission, you would have gone to help Yuji but again it already happened, what could you do?

Beside you, there was Nobara listening to you comforting Megumi, well you tried your best and luckily those words touched her heart.

You noticed Nobara's lips quivering, she's holding back her tears. Your heart aches for her, she knew him for 2 weeks and started to grow on him just for him to be killed when she wasn't around. That must have hurt so bad.