4: Eccentric Boss

Start from the beginning

"Yazeedu, what's with you today? Not feeling okay? Or just the feeling of having your words to yourself?" She was the only person that called him Yazeedu, sometimes Sulaiman did call him that too, but she was a constant. He looked up at her and shook his head with a soft smile, trying all he could not look at Jalilah, and he did that perfectly.

"I was just letting you finish exchanging the pleasantries, Ilham. How are you and the baby?" His words were calculative like he only chose who to speak long words to and who not to. Jalilah found it amusing staring at him while he spoke.

"I'm fine, and the baby is ecstatic today because you're here, finally you aren't going to starve yourself in the office today." She smiled warmly and looked up Sulaiman, "How did you manage to get him out of that office?"

"It was one hell of a job, shall we move? We've spent so much in the pharmacy and we have to go back in time." Sulaiman said and looked at the watch attached to his left wrist.

Even though they all stood up, Ilham turned to look at Jalilah with an apologetic smile, "Yes, he told me what happened. How are you feeling now?" She asked, and Jalilah smiled at her.

"It hurts a bit, but nothing to complain about." And they walked together to the dining table while the couple spoke lovely to themselves. If Sulaiman acted like Yazeed, she would have wondered how he was able to be so lovely toward his wife, but he was a gentleman that the first time she saw him she knew his wife had gotten herself one of the best husbands on earth.

The men sat down and Jalilah looked at how Ilham was trying to serve them, "Oh please, I'll do that. You should sit down please." She wanted to hesitate at first, but Jalilah had this cool look that when she requested something of you, it was hard saying no to her. Ilham smiled at her and sat down.

Jalilah moved around serving them and if it was okay they would say it with a lovely smile on their face until she walked to was serving Yazeed, and she had to move to where he was seated because she sat opposite him and there was no way she could serve him from there. She looked at him with a grim expression and asked, "What will you like?" He looked up, and their eyes met. His eyes that this secret power of unnerving her soul, which she didn't know how it happened in just two days, but she was certain they did.

"Anything please." She nodded her head and served him before she placed the plate down while he moved his hand forward to take the spoon and something which she wasn't sure of brushed her hand. When she looked up, it was his outstretched hand and she quickly retreated her hand before she walked away. Did he feel that? She doubted because he looked so calm as if nothing had happened.

She went back and sat down, finding it a punishment to sit opposite him while she ate. Not that she had never eaten with him sitting opposite her, but this was different, even though she was sure the couple didn't even realize what was sparking between them. She took her eyes off him, served herself and ducked her head down while she slowly began taking her food.

She didn't look up at him even though she was sure there were times he looked at her until she was done and he was done as well. Their eyes met while he was taking a gulp of his drink and she looked away, which wasn't a good idea because Sulaiman was lovingly feeding his wife and she felt the urge to walk back to the living room and wait until he was done so they could go back to the company.

She wordlessly stood up and walked to the living room, glad that none of them asked why she was leaving the dining area because it was evident that she was done and something was happening there which she shouldn't witness. She was so happy when she heard Yazeed speaking to him that he should do fast, and from how natural he sounded, she was sure he was used to seeing the duo like that. After Sulaiman was done, they left back to the company with no words shared between them. Just a laconic conversation going on between the men which she had no business in.