Chapter 52: The News

Start from the beginning

El's pov

"are you sure you're okay with it?" hope asked again. "yeah totally, I mean living with my closest friends sounds great" Will said smiling. "unless they piss me off" Will joked looking mostly at max. Max gasped. "what are you implying William?" max asked as we all laughed. "nothing" he said. "does Jonathan know?" Will asked. "yeah, he's fine with it" Joyce said as we nodded smiling. I looked over at max and she looked at bit.. sad? I couldn't read her expression. "hey are you okay?" I asked her. "yeah why?" she said acting cool. "you look like you're about to cry" I said holding her hand. "I'm okay" she said. "no happy tears, I'm just glad, can we not talk about this?" max said as we nodded. "we understand" hopper said smiling at her. "alright, we'll now go to the cabin. And tomorrow we'll start packing, go buy the bed and move in this house" hopper said. "we thought it's best we do on the weekend when you don't have school" Joyce said. "alright Joyce and I will drink coffee and then we'll go home, okay girls?" hopper said as max and I nodded. "do you for real don't mind us staying in your room Will?" max asked him. "no, not at all, just don't-" Will said but max cut him off. "okay don't finish that, and no just cuddle and kiss" max said. "I didn't mean anything else dirty mind" Will said giggling. Max raised her eyebrow. "yeah sure" she said rolling her eyes. "that joke" max whispered to me. It's the jokes max and the boys kept making that I didn't understand and max explained it to me. (a/n:I don't know if you remember but oh well). I nodded. "we should tell the boys tomorrow and Suzie" Will said. "yeah" we replied. We decided to go to the cafe tomorrow. The 'amazing' cafe we had the argument in. It's our favourite place to go eat or drink anything and since Suzie is here for the weekend we thought it was a good idea. Let's just hope we don't argue again. "you guys are lucky" Will said out of nowhere while we were watching tv. Max and I looked at each other confused. "lucky on what?" max asked. "that you get to live together, I wish Mike would live with me" Will said. "oh" we both said feeling bad. "it's fine, you hang out every day and see each other" I said. "yeah but it's not the same, you get to sleep and cuddle, watch tv probably after you hang out with us after the arcade or something" Will said. To be honest, we didn't know what to say because he was right. "it's okay, you'll live together in a few years" max said. "I didn't really think of that, I thought it would be like just Nancy and Jonathan, they don't live together" Will said. "they might live together later but yeah, if you can afford it and live together, get jobs and stuff it should be fine, you can stay in an apartment or anything, you don't have to buy a house" max said seriously. Will and I laughed. "what?" she asked. "wait-you've thought about it, for us too?" I asked softly. "seeing my future with you yeah, I wanna live together, have jobs and be happy with each other" max said. I looked at her in awe. "have you?" she asked me a bit sadly. "of course i did, I just don't know if I'll be able to find job, I'm not smart enough" I said. "girl-" Will said annoyed. "babe, don't say that, you're smart" max said quietly. "yeah come on el, don't say that, you're doing good at school, okay?" Will said but el hesitated before nodding. "I'm not that good" el said. "it's normal, most people are not good at school, neither I are, I'm only good at science or maths" Will said. "okay thanks" El said. "I have an idea" max said smirking after a few minutes, still watching tv. "oh no, whenever max has an idea it's never good" Will joked. "no no it's a good one" max said as I laughed slightly. "fine go ahead" he said. "we should prank the guys tomorrow" max said. Will and I looked at each other. "we'll tell them that Joyce is pregnant and the three of us will sleep together, not tell them we'll buy an extra bed" She suggested. We both laughed. "they won't believe us" Will said giggling. "maybe not at first, but we'll try to be convincible" max said smiling. "okay sure" I said as will nodded.

*a few minutes later*

"alright kids we should go" Hopper said coming in the living room with Joyce. "mom, we will hang out with the boys tomorrow at like 13 pm to eat" Will said. "but we're going to pack and unpack tomorrow honey" Joyce said. The three of us looked at each other. "we can't, Suzie will be staying only for the weekend and it's best we all go there to hang out" Will said. "who's Suzie?" hopper asked. "Dustin's girlfriend" I said as hop nodded. "we can wake up pretty early to pack up and stuff and we'll help later too when we get back" max suggested. "we have to buy the bed tomorrow and built it though, we won't have time" hopper said. "oh" the three of us said. "if we buy it on Sunday and build it, Will and Jonathan can stay together to sleep just for the night" Joyce said. "yeah sure I don't mind" Will said. "okay then it's settled" Joyce said. "we'll tell Murray to come help us with the bed too" hopper told Joyce."yeah sure" Joyce said. "alright see you tomorrow Will" max and I said. "see you" Will said. "so, are you sure you're okay with living together?" hopper asked in the middle of the ride. "yeah dad we already told you" I said. "okay, just making sure" he said.

*later*

Max's pov

El and I were reading comics, el cuddled up to me. "your voice is so pretty and calming" el suddenly said while I was reading the comic out loud. I blushed and smiled. "I never got that compliment" I said laughing. I got butterflies from that compliment to be honest. "really? I should have told you earlier then" she said as I smiled. "I like your voice too" I said. "thanks" she quietly said staring at me smiling. Suddenly she got on me and cuddled me. Her arms around my neck, my hands around her weist. I dropped the comic so I can hug her back. "do you want to sleep or read more" I asked. "sleep, if you don't mind" she said quietly. I could feel her slowly starting to fall asleep on me. "I don't mind" I said laying down, letting her lay on me still cuddling. Then we went to sleep.

1926 words. The fight between max and Eden you asked for will probably be in chapter 54 btw