And, stealing a child's skin to fuck with its family would be cruel and would go against moral code.

And his brother, albeit being so snarky with everyone that not even royalty can change him, has his own favourites of people. It would be arrogant of him to say he was in that circle but Bassen knows that his brother treasures him as much as he does to the older.

Dark brown eyes trailed over to the pale fingers on the table, Bassen silently glowers at the tightening skin of his brother's hands, the evident colour of whitish bones. Something was wrong.

His eyes glazed to the broken cup and his eyes instantly sharpened yet the older did not do anything except crinkle his eyes in amusement, a grin that's filled with venomous chaos naturally similar to a fox's classic whenever it finds amusement to its victims. To those who had became victim of its pranks.

Bassen pressed his lips together in a daze. A red wolf, and a turtle - he wonders how such thing could exist. Would it be dangerous? Or would it be as soft as they say in children's books?

"Brother, it seems that Lily would be late for our tea time." Bassen calmly spoke, taking the spiteful eldest's attention.

Cale Henituse's eyes went back to normal, uninterested and stoic. It was as if he never had plans to destroy someone. "Lily is being too ambitious, there's no need for such lengths to go far. Are there more to her schedule?"

"None at all, brother. Maybe the instructor must've been giving her a harder regime," Bassen simply puts down the tea with his back straightforward.

Cale hums, his eyes never leaving the maiden who was starting to sweat under such intense eyes, it was as if the young master knew exactly when her death may come. She still hasn't moved due to Cale not dismissing her yet.

"Unemployment seems like a great choice,"  Cale jests but Bassen glares at his older brother with a fierce and passionate face,  "Only necessary. We aren't supposed to be running wild while they are out."

The redhead snorts, highly entertained at the young child who'd become so, so bold and fierce just after that one lesson. In the corner of his eyes, he could see the maid starting itch in her place, agitated on why the poison is not working yet as minutes have passed. How cute, another head on display.

"Hm, whatever." Cale motions at the ginger who nodded, "Take that maiden away, and held her hostage. Prepare torture if she doesn't comply."

The sudden erupt of expression resides in the servant's face, "s-sir!? Wait-, young master-!" the lady started to trash around as Hans obediently took a hold of her hands, firmly hurting her wrists as her eyes widened in panic.

And then, common brown eyes looked towards the younger Henituse for help, only for the other to turn away as if her existence did not exist at all. Her heart rages, how!? That trash should've been affected! The poison she was given was dead mana, how could he survive it!? And dare that no-blood-! How dare such a foolish boy do such disrespect!?

"Hyung-nim," Bassen nonchalantly calls out with a frown, "don't you think that a rabbit's ears are too long and big?"

He was talking about the eavesdropping servants outside, Cale catches on quickly and gives his younger brother a lopsided smile. How devious, really.

This little boy is growing up, but not in a Henituse way - oh, no. Cale Henituse indeed did not teach Bassen the ways of a golden turtle, but the way of a crimson fox.

It was funnily entertaining to say.

It was so addicting that his small little brother fell to his trap, thinking that there is such a Henituse tradition of snapping necks. Of course not.

Although it was real when he says that turtles can snap necks, a fox meticulously plans its end. Cale has intended for Bassen to follow his steps, that way, he can protect this small naive little brother of his.

He has already roped the Count and Countess to a fainting case, they just need to cage Lily from that knowledge and make her think that they went to a vacation for a bit. It was better to keep one of their family's innocence, that way - it'd be better for Cale to use that reputation when the time comes. Who knows that Lily could follow commands and can act as demanded?

"Ah yes, indeed. One of the biggest, it'd be pitiful if it were to hear something frightening." Cale grins manically, "Say Bassen, would it run or would it share to its fellow friends to avoid the danger?"

Bassen picks up his tea, yet again, but this time, to hide the small grin that slips in his lips: "Brother, you know it yourself. A rabbit with its forceful legs and sharp teeth can't always win."

It was just a simple thing, but being finally useful to your brother is the best thing Bassen has to say. His brother has finally acknowledged him enough to stand beside him, and not just at the back.

No way, was he gonna waste it for some excuse of a people. And then maybe, just maybe, his brother might actually lean on him and lay his secrets. Small steps, it is.

But Bassen is willing to do it, everything to make his brother proud. Everything. He would do everything to support his brother.

Cale Henituse will mold the perfect variable, whether his mum is satisfied or not.

The future is in his hands, and he will make great uses for it.

Isn't it nice to have the upper hand at once?