"I'm sorry. You should've never had gone through this. No one should."

"I just feel so stupid, you know. How the hell did I let myself go through this? I thought I was smarter than that."

"It's not your fault. None of it. Don't even think like that."

"I know." I sigh and wipe my tears. "We should get up and eat breakfast. The others are probably waiting for us."

"Can't we just like this all day? I don't want to let you go."

"I'm not going anywhere. Even if you let go of me. And don't you rather stay like this all day back at home? This doesn't feel like home, and it doesn't bring back any good memories. My place or your place are better options."

"They're both my places." He grins.

"Shut up. Stop reminding me of that. Fine, I'll move out if that's what you want."

Suddenly, Connor sits up and looks very serious. "Don't."

"I'm joking. I'm not going to. Don't worry about it."

"When you think about moving, I hope that means that you are thinking about moving in with me."

"What?" I squeal.

"Just don't go anywhere, please. I promise I'll stop with the joke about being my apartment."

"You know, it might actually be a good idea. Not moving out, nor moving in with you. But what about one day I design a house for us? Neither of your places, and not mine either."

"That sounds perfect."

Connor's stomachs growls and I laugh. "But I think breakfast is a better idea for now."

"You might be right."

"But what about a shower first?"

"Even better."

Connor and I arrive at the dining room with smiles and a good mood, but everyone else in the room looks worried and confused. They know what happened. I can't blame them for looking at me like that.

"Good morning, how are you feeling hon?" Carla asks as she pushes a plate with a croissant towards me.

"I'm great," I glance at Connor. "No one needs to worry about a thing."

Seeing that I'm feel a lot better, everyone starts to feel at ease and begin to eat and talk. I take a quick glance around the table and Nico's hands catch my attention. His hands are bruised, and the knuckles have minor cuts.

After breakfast, Nico takes me aside. He wants to confront our parents about what happened last night. Even though I don't think it is a good idea, he thinks they should be held accountable for inviting Peter.

"Nicholas," I sigh as I grab his hands now that we are alone.

Nico is tall and strong. He's a big man. He's even taller than Connor, but he never once raised his fist towards anyone. He could easily win a fight, but this is the first time he has ever confronted anyone.

"Don't say anything. It was well deserved."

"I thought you were a pacifist."

"I told you. Not when it comes to you."

"What happened?"

"I kicked him out."

"Violence is never the solution."

"I know. I'm sorry." He hugs me. "Ready to face the beasts?"

"Never."

We opened the office door and there they were. My parents. With the usual lifeless stares of disapproval.

"Why the hell did you invite him to the party?" Nicholas asks, furious.

"He said that he had made a mistake. That he wanted to make things right and apologize. He's such a good guy, he deserved the chance to see your sister again," mum says.

"The hell he did. What if I wasn't here?"

"I told you this was pointless, Nicholas. Let's go home," I sigh.

"Home?" dad asks.

"Yes. You can't possible think that this place is home, right?"

"You are both making a huge mistake."

"I don't think we are mum. The only mistake Nicholas and I did was trying to get along with you two for so long."

"You can't mean that, Isabella?"

"I mean it, dad. Every word. You are the ones that were in the wrong by letting that man into this house after what he did to me. You should protect you daughter. You should selflessly care for your children."

"We didn't know that this would happen," my mother whines.

"You should've just let me live my life. Move forward. Without interfering."

We all go back home, and I am pretty sure that now everyone understands why we don't get along with our parents.