Book 2 chapter 4 / Bonus chapter part 4

Start from the beginning

Her arm is covered in a cast, that's the first injury my eyes lay sight on.

Second is the white gauze and compression bands wrapped around her head where some red from blood is already forming on the outside.

Extra oxygen is being given to her through a nasal cannula.

Even from across the room, the dark circles under her eyes are more then visible.

On her left cheek a wound has been stitched closed as a Disney plaster covers it.

The hospital gown on her body doesn't cover her arms which makes me see the fresh bruises covering her arm that isn't in that cast.

Who knows how many other wounds cover her body under that blanket.

Jesus Christ

Was she beaten up or something? This can't be from a fire.

"What the fuck happened to her!?" I gasp loudly.

The nurses in the room abruptly stop moving at the sound of my voice.

"She-euhm t-there was an explosion in her bedroom with her inside we were i-informed" one of the male nurses stutter.

An explosion.

My..my baby sister got caught in an explosion..

Oh dear god.

"W-w..h..how is she?" Ace stumbles over his words.

Before the nurse can answer, Nick's eyes snap open as he sits upright.

The fuck.

Creepy old man.

He scans the room father quickly before getting out of his hospital bed.

What is wrong with this man?

Ace and I exchange a look before he speaks up, "Nick sit down and act like a normal person for gods sake" he mutters.

He ignores Ace and walks up to us, "are you alright?" He asks hurriedly.

"Yes" both Ace and I reply at the same time.

He nods, his shoulder sagging a little bit in relief before he turns to the nurses, "I want a full report of each medical issue that occurred in the fire for each person now" he demands as he looks at our siblings trying to hide his fear and worry.

The male nurse immediately calls a doctor which soon starts talking, "Noah has been injected with drugs which he will wake up from within two days, other than that he is completely fine. The smoke didn't cause any damage to his lungs. Leo his stomach and torso have second degree burns which will heal but will unfortunately leave scarring. His lungs didn't get harmed by the smoke either. With Silas the smoke did harm his lungs, he stopped breathing due to all the smoke in there which is why he has a breathing tube. As soon as he wakes up and can breathe on his own, the tube will be removed. Asher his left leg has second degree burns which will like Leo his burns heal but leave scaring. The smoke didn't cause any damage to his lungs either. Ace is completely fine, the smoke didn't cause any damage either. A..Alessia was caught in the explosion like mr. Vincenzo said which is why she has more injuries. Her left arm is broken in three places which we were able to fix during surgery. During the impact of falling to the ground, her head banged against the ground as well. It's unclear yet if she will have any sort of damage from that yet. The wounds will all heal with time, just like the bruises that cover her body from the impact. Now you-" she starts but Nick waves her off the second she's done talking about our conditions.

"You can leave" he mutters as he slowly walks to Alessia.

"Sir your arm-" she starts but Nick cuts her off.

"My arm is a little burned, I'm fine" he says harshly before she quickly leaves the room.

He bends down a little and presses a small kiss to Alessia's forehead while whispering something I can't hear from across the room.

After that he goes to the rest of us one after the other, whispering to get better and that he loves us.