Part 20 : Khushi!

Start from the beginning

''MA..AM..'' He tried to object but Anvesha stopped him.

''Please beta. You already know I have no one to call mine. And same with you. Although you have a namesake family but they don't value you beta. I will always treasure you. I will give you all the love of the world. You please come with me.'' Anvesha almost pleaded seeing his condition.

''I'm sorry Ma..am. but I.... I ca.. can't.'' Arnav rejected her offer.

Anesha was shocked but still manage to ask ''why?''

''For Papa. He asked me to look after his wife. Although she hates me now but she showered me with love in my childhood.   Circumstances made her seal hearted but I can't do the same to her. After all she... She is my mumma..''

Anvesha smiled sadly at the maturity level of the little boy sitting in front of her. It was hard to find a boy like him in today's world.

''Okay. I'm keeping quite for now but if things get worse I won't listen to you anymore and took you with me.''

Arnav stayed silent.

''Okay. Now don't be upset otherwise someone else will scold me for making her friend sad''

''Khushi'' Arnav instantly mentioned Khushi's name.. ''she.. is she here?'' Arnav asked excitedly.

''Yes. Do you think she can get any sleep tonight without meeting you?''

''Where is she? She should have come inside with you.'' Arnav said while getting up from the floor. Anvesha also got up and accompanied him outside the room.

They both started walking towards the front door.

''But there is a problem Arnav!'' Anvesha said nervously.

''What Ma'am!'' Asked Arnav confused...

''She...''

''Hp, who came?'' They heard Ratna's voice. She came there and stood not knowing what to tell.

Anvesha got a perfect opportunity to say something to this cruel lady.

''Hello Ratna Ji. Finlay I got a chance to meet you. I was so curious to see the mother of this excellent boy.'' Anvesha said caressing Arnav's head but Arnav didn't dare to look up and Ratna stood silently without any expression on her face.

''You must be very proud today. Your son did so well. We all are overjoyed. Hope, you guys aren't planning any celebration tomorrow. As I have organized a small party at my house tomorrow for Arnav's success. You all please come tomorrow.''

But Ratna didn't say anything in response.

''I will be waiting for you all. Come Arnav.'' Anesha went from there taking Atnav with her.

....................

When Arnav and Anvesha reached outside Khushi had dozed off on the back seat of the car. Why wouldn't she? She was exhausted, both mentally and physically.

Arnav was disappointed as he didn't get a chance to talk to her but nevertheless he didn't want to disturb her sleep. So, he looked at her longingly and silently thanked her for coming into his life.

The car rushed out but Arnav
stood there looking at the direction the car went.

..................................

When Arnav woke up the next day he wasn't sure if what happened yesterday was real or he just woke up from a dream.

He searched under his mattress and found the medal he had won yesterday. So, yeah. It wasn't any dream. He indeed did something good for Khushi. He smiled remembering her. She must be very excited and today she won't leave him easily. None can stop her rajdhani express (mouth) today. He was secretly waiting to hear her. That was his favorite thing to do. Quietly listening to whatever she chatter.