Chapter Eight: Cry of the Wolf

Bella sat quietly with her lips pressed together in a straight line. Edward had one arm wrapped around her waist and he was resting his chin on the top of her head. Her eyes wandered the meadow, looking at everything that surrounded her.

Bumblebees buzzed around the purple flowers and a small breeze blew across Bella's neck. Edward breathed in her scent and smiled, watching Bella.

Edward. Alice thought. It's ready!

Edward shifted Bella and in a flash, they were both standing up. Bella had her arms wrapped around Edward's neck and Edward's hands had snaked around her waist. Edward chuckled at Bella's confused face.

"I have something back at the house that I would like to show you," Edward said with a small smirk. Bella mentally groaned. She hated surprises. Edward instantly read Bella's facial features. "It's something small, trust me." Bella nodded and brushed the nape of Edward's neck, sending electricity through his veins.

"I trust you." Bella assured. The corners of Edward's lips expanded, and he chuckled.

"You really shouldn't have said that." Bella raised her eyebrow and her nose twitched. In the blink of an eye, Bella was on Edward's back, her legs wrapped around his waist and her arms around his neck. "Hang on tight."

Bella let out a gasp as Edward ran forward, and leaped on to a tree. Bella squeezed her eyes shut and he jumped from the tree to another tree. The air in Bella's lungs escaped as Edward jumped down from the second tree, landing on the tips of his toes. He ran towards the house and placed Bella down, as soon as they reached the driveway.

Bella wobbled, but soon regained her balance. Edward laughed quietly. "Follow me," He instructed. He walked towards the back of the house, where the huge garage was located.

"Why are you showing me your garage?" Bella questioned.

"It's behind the door." Edward said, showing off his crooked smile. Bella took a step towards the garage, and the door flew open. Bella took another step forward and a gigantic smile formed on her face.

A 1963 red chevy pulled out of the garage.It was the truck that Bella had crashed in. She could tell it was the exact one because the left rear view mirror was tilted and the familiar scratch on the right door remained. Bella could tell it was newly painted, for she couldn't see any chips. There was also new tires and headlights.

Emmett jumped out of the driver's side, with a goofy grin on his face. "It also has a satellite radio," He added.

Bella was lost for words. "My truck was completely destroyed when I crashed! How did you fix it?" She gushed.

"A few weeks ago, Emmett, Alice and I went to the ditch where you crashed in. There was a few remaining pieces so we collected those and went to the nearest car recycling place and we found your truck. The frame was bent,a door was missing, two tires were flat, and all the glass needed to be replaced." Edward replied.

"We replaced all the seats, the glass, fixed the frame and engine, and added a few things. Emmett insisted on installing the radio." Edward finished.

"Thank you!" Bella hugged Edward and Edward hugged her back, just not as tight. She leaned her head up and placed a kiss on his lips. Edward cupped her face. The coldness of Edward's lips sent a current through Bella's body.

"Get a room you two!" Emmett hollered. Bella blushed and pulled away from Edward's soft lips. The feel of his lips and the taste lingered in Bella's tongue.

"Nice truck, Bella." Bella turned her head, just as Jacob and Renesmee walked out of the house.

"Thanks." Renesmee walked up to Bella and grinned. Bella assumed the effects of the potion had left Renesmee's system, for Bella could tell she grew a bit over night.