16

Kara's POV

When I heard Lena leaving my apartment, I opened my eyes. Yes, I know... it was wrong of me to pretend that I was still sleeping. But Lena's ringtone had woken me up too and it was Jack of course. I don't know what he wanted, because I wasn't listening, but Lena had mentioned his name and said she would be there in 20 minutes.

She had kissed me and for a moment everything was fine. But then the events of yesterday came back to me and the good feeling was gone again. I remembered her kiss with Jack again and that I was drinking and she suddenly appeared and took me to bed.

When I got up, I immediately went to the kitchen. My stomach grumbled and I had to eat something. But then I saw a piece of paper with Lena's writing on it. I read it and all of a sudden I had a flashback from last night.

OH RAOOO. I kissed Lena! I'm so stupid. I confessed my love to her and kissed her! She has a boyfriend I am a bad person and a bad best friend! I'm not ready to talk to her about it.

But maybe she is not angry with me? After all, she stayed with me despite everything and painted a heart behind Lena

Rao Kara! Why are you kissing your best friend?

I slapped my forehead. Picking up my phone, I saw that Alex had been trying to reach me.

I really needed a hug from her, so I sprinted out of my apartment and seconds later knocked on her door. A sleepy Alex opened the door for me. But when she saw me, she became wide awake.

"Omg Kara! I heard what happened yesterday I'm sorry you found out like that..." I got tears in my eyes and threw myself into Alex's arms. She hugged me tightly. And I started to cry. I let it all out. Alex stroked my back and whispered, "Everything will be okay, Kara."

When I had calmed down a bit, we sat down on the couch. Alex disappeared for a bit and came back with 2 buckets of ice cream and 2 spoons. She always knew the best way to comfort me. I love Alex more than anything. She is the best family I could ever ask for.

"Vanilla or mango?" she asked as she sat down next to me. "Vanilla." She handed me the vanilla ice cream and a spoon.

"Lena called me yesterday, so I know you saw her with Jack. But she went to your place. What happened? Did you tell her you fell in love with her?"

I swallowed the ice. , "I um...I got drunk yesterday and confessed to her that I like her more than a best friend. And that wasn't even the highlight. I also kissed her and said that Jack is lucky to have her." I hid behind my bucket because I was embarrassed. But suddenly I heard Alex start laughing. I looked at her in horror.

"Was the kiss good?" she asked, trying to stifle her laughter.

"Yes...", I mumbled. "The best kiss I've ever had. But Alex it was wrong! She is in a relationship and she is my best friend!"

"Kara, making mistakes is human. But you need to talk to Lena about it. Also, I thought it was strange back then when Lena got together with Jack. You could tell she didn't love him, at least she didn't look at him with that look like she always looks at you."

"What are you trying to say, Alex?"

"You have to talk to Lena, Kara. Only then can you let go of this pain you feel. Who knows maybe she'll like you the way you like her. She sounded pretty worried yesterday and I know how important you are to her. I'm sure she's not mad at you about the kiss, so don't worry about that."

I looked thoughtfully at my ice cream.

I held out the bucket to Alex. "Swap." Alex rolled his eyes and laughingly gave me the mango ice cream. "Alex, I don't want to lose Lena. Even if she chooses Jack over me. I still want to at least be friends with her. She's too important to me. I can't let her go."

"Then tell her, Kara. Tell her what you just told me."

"I think she knows... I talked a lot yesterday under the influence of alcohol."

"Good to know. If I ever want to find out something from you, I know how best to do it."

"Eyyy!", I said and gave Alex a push. She just laughed and I had to laugh too. I finally felt better.

Alex put the bucket away and opened her arms. "Come here." I just smiled, put the ice cream away, and hugged my sister. "Thank you for being there for me and cheering me up".

She hugged me tightly and then let me go.

"Now go talk to her, Kara. She's probably waiting for you."

"But what if she doesn't want to have anything to do with me anymore?"

"Then you'll still have me."

I looked at her, touched.

"I know that, silly."

I hugged her one last time and made my way home.

I wondered if Lena was already there. I was afraid to confess to her that I could still remember everything from yesterday... will she ever like me as I like her?

Heyy, this was the 16th chapter!

I love the connection between Alex and Kara in the series. That's why I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

The next update possibly be tomorrow again :)

Your Scorpiongirl