11

Kara's POV

It felt good to fight bad guys again. It was nice to be needed again and to see how people had hope again.

Three criminals tried to blow up the vault at the bank and one of them had half-poured himself. So I had to stop him and save him at the same time. When they saw me, their eyes widened and one even said he was glad to see me again.

When I passed the three on to the police, my Supergirl mission was already over.

Suddenly I felt like visiting Lena. I had promised her that I would not make the same mistakes as in the past. I will always tell her the truth from now on, even if it means confessing my feelings to her. But somehow I have the feeling that it's mutual. The way she looks at me, hugs me, cares about me, and the way she kissed me on the cheek were enough hints that she likes me too... right? Or the way she looks at my lips! Or when she almost kissed my neck!

Okay, my mind is made up now. I'm going to Lena now. Gather all my courage and tell her that I've fallen in love with her. Rao... wish me luck

Since I was still in my Supergirl outfit, I decided to land on the porch when I arrived at Lena's apartment. However, when I went to knock on the glass door, I saw that Lena was not alone. As I watched better, I recognized Jack. Jack?! I thought he was dead. Then suddenly it came like a flash in my mind. Because of Lex, we now lived in a Prime world, and just as Kenny Li, my childhood crush was now alive again, so was Lena's Kryptonite now.

Jack had always been Lena's weak spot. She had told me at the time that he was her Kryptonite. But she had killed him to save me, actually Supergirl. But also because he was suffering and he didn't want to live like that. But now he was back.

I didn't understand why Lena had kept this from me, but I didn't want to disturb her. They were probably friends again and if it was something important Lena would tell me, right? It was probably just a meeting and they were talking about new inventions.

I turned around and was about to fly away. I could confess my feelings to her later. But as I was about to take to the sky, I heard Jack say, "Baby, calm down, please." I felt an ache in my heart as if someone had stabbed me. I quickly turned back to them and saw Jack leaning forward and kissing Lena passionately on the mouth.

I felt my heart break into a thousand pieces. My eyes filled with tears and I felt them trickle down. I was wrong. Lena is not in love with me. I misinterpreted everything. That was probably what Alex was still trying to tell me If only I had insisted on it... it would never have come to this.

Crying and heartbroken, I flew away as fast as I could. Why... Why did I still believe in love at all?

Here is chapter 11...

What do you guys think of the story so far?

I would really appreciate a little comment :)

Next chapter tomorrow!

Your Scorpiongirl