52

| 52. Ace is my bro too |
Batilgo

Two days before Ace's execution.

"ACEEEEEEEEE!"

Sabo screamed his lungs out.

He fell to his knees on the kitchen floor, both hands on his head. His skull felt like it was being cracked open.

This pain was different. It was much more painful. He can see flashes and it becomes clearer as the pain increases.

Four kids. The oldest one wanted to be a marine. The rest wanted to be pirates. How a mix of wild children became brothers.

Sabo understands now.

Why Inosuke feels so familiar. If he just showed himself to the vice admiral, then Inosuke will remember him. Inosuke probably believed that he already died.

Why all news about Ace triggers some of his memories.

Why Luffy's name felt so strange to hear.

"Sabo-san!"

The demoness being the nearest person to Sabo, Nezuko immediately went on her knees to assist Sabo who looks like he's having a bad mental breakdown.

"AAAAAAAAAAH—Ace......Ace.....Luffy,"
Sabo muttered, tears running down his cheeks.

"Sabo-kun!"

"H-he looks bad. Nezuko-chan, I'll just call for a doctor!" Koala started to panic but managed to go outside the kitchen to call a doctor.

All Nezuko could do was rub Sabo's back.

Right after Dragon called for a meeting saying that Nezuko wants their help, in exchange for her support for the Revolutionary army.

Nezuko didn't hesitate to agree to be their ally. That's just a small matter. Luffy and Ace are more important.

The topic was Fire Fist Ace's execution. Some of Dragon's subordinates disagreed about the Revolutionaries allying with a kid to join a war because it'll be too risky.

Nezuko understands their side. But Luffy will surely go there. Nezuko thought the whole time that Ace is Dragon's son too. But she was wrong. Set it all aside, Luffy's already damaged back in Sabaody.

Dragon can't just let his son go into war himself!

Nezuko doesn't need the whole army. Probably just the best people who can attack sneakily. Also, the experts who can destroy the gate system.

She wants to infiltrate the headquarters before the war starts and she's running out of time. Dragon doesn't even need to go.

Dragon decided to send a revolutionary who's capable of messing with a system to accompany Nezuko.

The job perfect for it would be Sabo and Koala. But they have not that much time left.

After the meeting, Sabo was awfully silent.

Something is bothering him that Nezuko couldn't figure out.

Koala thought something is wrong, so she decided to cook him some lunch. Nezuko happened to be there because Koala invited her to join them.

Nezuko was just eating a small chunk of bread when Sabo dropped his fork and then started shouting.

"What's happening to Sabo?" Hack entered the kitchen because of Sabo's shout and didn't expect to see Sabo in this state.

He immediately got worried.

Other revolutionaries came inside too, worried about the second commander who was on his knees, crying and shouting.

"Ace.....ace..... execution.....no...."

"Sabo-san," Nezuko is worried.

Not long after that, Sabo collapsed.

Koala came back with a doctor but Sabo was already unconscious.

"S-sabo-kun,"

The image of Koala on the verge of crying appeared before him. His head feels a lot better now. Nezuko is also beside his bed, feeling relieved about him waking up.

"Are you alright now, Sabo-san?" Nezuko gave him a glass of water.

"Saboooooo. I got so worried you know? Is your head still hurting?"

Their doctor said that he's probably trying to remember what happened before he lost his memories.

The blonde man took the glass from Nezuko's hand and drank it slowly.

"I'm fine now." Sabo smiled.

He noticed he was in his bed. The guys probably carried him here when he passed out.

Oh right. He passed out.

"Shit. Shit. Shit." Sabo's voice is urgent.

"Sabo-kun?"

Something's bothering Sabo. Nezuko can feel it.

"Nezuko-chan, I'll come to fight with you." Sabo seriously said.

Nezuko's head tilted to the side.

"Huh? Dragon said you shouldn't join the war, Sabo-kun."

That's right. They only need to mess up Marineford's system and den den mushi lines. After that, it's up to Nezuko.

"Koala, I got my memories back."

The brunette gasped. Nezuko just stood there, confused.

"I had a terrible accident with a celestial dragon years ago that made me lose my memories." Sabo explained.

"Ace.......Ace is my brother too."

"The three of us, me, Ace, and Luffy exchanged a cup of sake. It made us three brothers. Then we also have our older brother, Inosuke. They thought I already died."

So Luffy and Ace aren't really blood-related. If he's not Dragon's son, then who is his father?

"I didn't expect this. What would we say to Dragon?" Koala.

"Doesn't matter anymore. I'm fine now. We need to move as soon as possible. I can't let anyone harm my brothers."

This blonde guy right here is damn strong. No wonder he's Luffy's bro. He'll be a huge contribution if he joins the war.

"Let's do our best then. Ace is important to my captain. He won't be executed."