2

| 2. A Hawk Takes In a Demoness |

Nezuko's small boat is fighting for its life right now. She already changed her clothes into oversized pajamas. The sky is dark, the demoness doesn't know where she's going and weird currents start to take her away. A sea king appeared right before her eyes. It's the fourth time she's been attacked by a sea king and she's honestly annoyed with these creatures.

The sea king resembles a blue sea serpent.

She remembers the book she read at Marie Jois, sea kings are edible. Well, some of them. She's a demon anyway. She can't be affected by any kind of poison because her blood will burn it.

Her stomach growled and she smiled evilly at the sea king.

She jumped high in the sky and kicked the creature in the face. She heard a bone crack. She's sure that the creature is dead. Nezuko tied a rope at the sea king's large and sharp teeth. She saw an island nearby, and she was heading to it.

As she grew closer to the island, the weirder it gets. The sea king she saved to eat for later gets chomped by another large sea king. She could tell the water is poisoned and if a normal human fell on this water, their skin would burn and die. Another sea king tried to take Nezuko down and she's honestly terrified of its looks but she has no choice but to kill it.

This part of the sea is terrifying. The sea kings can withstand the poisoned water since they're incredibly large and has a much better immune system.

After a lot of fighting ugly dangerous creatures, she finally arrived at a gloomy island that is filled with mist. She was greeted by a bunch of large monkeys that looks like they were ready to attack her.

Nezuko deadpanned. She's tired and hungry. She got into her fighting position and turned into a teen. Her big pajamas started to hug her body. Her demon features started to show.

She was ready to attack but her eyes almost dropped when the gorillas started to take out their shiny weapons.

Oh well. Better make this quick. She didn't like the idea of eating a monkey. They're hairy. Unlike Muzan Jackson she is a picky food eater.

So she decided to just beat them up and not kill them. After all, it was her who intruded on their island.

She transforms back to her child form and took her belongings with her. She found a bunch of banana trees and large bananas hanging on the branches. She took enough for her to eat.

The gorillas are lying on the ground. She whispered an apology before leaving them and going deeper into the forest. She eventually saw a big goth castle.

"Hello?" No one answered. Nezuko assumed the place is abandoned that's why she took shelter inside.

What's strange though, the place is fancy clean and the furniture is well placed. As if someone lived here.

Since Nezuko is full because of the bananas she ate, she felt sleepy. She hid her bag and sword underneath the long couch before she lay down. After a while, Nezuko fell asleep and slept soundly like an innocent child.

Mihawk sailed home with his small boat filled with treasures after he sliced half an overly proud pirate captain's pirate ship. He mostly sails in hopes that he comes across an interesting person. It disappointed him that no one has the guts to fight him. People are boring these days. Shanks' face is annoying too.

When he got off his boat, he noticed a tiny boat that is on the verge of being wrecked at the side. He also noticed several tiny footprints in the sand. He followed the trail, the footprints became large like a teenager's foot.

The monkeys who usually pick a fight with him when he arrives are now lying on the ground unconscious too. What the hell happened here?

Is it some intruder? But this island is hard to reach because of the poisonous water and the sea kings lurking around.

Mihawk felt a little bit of excitement. It's the first time someone intruded in here. It's been a while since he felt this feeling. Why was he out on the sea hoping to see something interesting when 'that' something interesting is lurking around his island?

He had this feeling that the intruder might be seeking shelter on his castle. He went inside. Nothing is touched or changed. Just exactly how he left the place. Except for one thing.

Something or someone is sleeping on the couch. The swordsman walked his way to see who is the little rat.

"A child?" Surprise was visible in his voice.

A little girl sleeping peacefully on his couch.

Nezuko felt an heavy presence that is slowly going closer to her. The moment the owner of the presence spoke, she quickly grabbed her katana underneath the couch to draw it, pointing the sword at the unfamiliar presence's neck.

She sure caught the swordsman's interest. It's been a while since he had a sword in his neck. The child's fast enough to launch an attack.

"Who are you? Are you going to hurt me?" Nezuko tensed. A tall lean man is before her. His eyes reminded her of a hawk.

"I am Dracule Mihawk. You are in my territory." Mihawk said coldly to intimidate the girl.

Both Nezuko's eyebrows raised after hearing what he said. Realization hit her. Coming in inside someone's place without permission is rude and its a crime called trespassing. She lowered her sword.

"I'm Nezuko. I'm really sorry for trespassing into your territory. I thought this place was abandoned." She sincerely said, bowing 90 degrees.

Mihawk hummed in response. The little girl wasn't slightly intimated and was sincerely apologizing.

"Are you the one who defeated the armed gorillas?" Mihawk asked, taking a seat.

"Yes. Are they your pets? I apologize if they were."

Mihawk is amused. For a little girl like her, no one would think she can defeat an 8-foot pack of armed gorillas. "You're interesting, little one. How did you get here?"

"By boat. Though the sea kings almost shattered it." Nezuko's voice showed a hint of annoyance.

Going through the poison water of his island, surviving the lurking sea kings, and defeating the armed gorillas. He could tell this is no ordinary child.

"Say, little one. Are you interested in swordsmanship?" Mihawk asked Nezuko.

The demoness got confused about what the man just said. She looks at his back, there's a giant sword. He must be a swordsman.

"Yes I am. I haven't really practiced often since the place I came from is forbidding it. But if I'm given a chance to learn, I'm willing to learn." Nezuko said with a smile.

"I see. How about you become my student, Nezuko?" Mihawk offered.

Nezuko's face lit up. "Really? It would be an honor. Teach me well, sensei." She smiled, a smile so bright that it lit up the gloomy castle.

He can sense that this girl is dangerous and kind at the same time. He can definitely see her potential. If her willpower is strong, then she might surpass him someday.