Anniversary Present

Zacznij od początku

Frida looked down again and began to open the gift, first she removed the bow and then the wrapper, it was a box and when she opened it, it had a vinyl cover, she looked up again at Benny who nodded giving her encouragement to continue. She opened the first part of the cover, "The Best Of Frida" side A, it had a list with the songs:

1. Fernando
2. Som en Sparv
3. Vill du låna en man
4. Liv på Mars
5. Guld och gröna ängar
6. Man vill ju leva lite dessemellan

Frida "Side B"

1. Jag blir galen när jag tänker på dej
2. Lycka
3. In ledig Dag
4. Mycket kär
5. En gång är ingen gång
6. Min egen stad

"That's your discography, I made that special compilation for you, so you can enjoy it and maybe remember some of your best moments," he explained. Frida caressed the vinyl and smiled, it was a unique and special gift, she knew how much it meant to them, especially considering the fact that they were artists. "I had to ask for some licenses to be able to do the re-production and the special edition, EMI didn't give in that easily, but I managed it," Benny added.

"Can we hear it now?" she asked anxiously.

"Yeah, we can go downstairs and put it on the record player," he suggested. She was the first just getting out of bed. "But first, I need to read your letter," he stopped, he still had it in his hands and he really wanted to, it made him curious.

"You do it later," Frida took his hand and led him into the living room. Benny was in charge of preparing everything until the music began to play. First "Fernando", Frida was more familiar with the song, she had heard it a couple of times. Then it started playing "Som en sparv", she concentrated and didn't show any kind of emotion, she just wanted to enjoy the song. Benny sat next to her on the couch as they both enjoyed the song, loud enough for them to feel it. It felt weird to hear her voice, to know that she had such a talent.

"Jag bar dej högt och-du var glad, och du växte och blev fri," Benny took her hand, they were really feeling the song, he held her tight. Frida began to have a sea of ​​mixed feelings, she could not remember in images but suddenly her feelings surfaced, she knew that Benny had been her protector for a long time.

Tears began to flow from her eyes, she could no longer contain them and a burning in her stomach that pushed her to cry. Benny noticed that not only was the music playing in the room, but she was sobbing. He looked at her and noticed that her face was red, Frida still did not dare to look up, she had a huge knot that would break at any minute. She, feeling his gaze, collapsed in his arms to cry.

As the songs continued to play, now it was "Vill du låna en man", Frida pressed tightly against Benny, she needed once again to feel his protection and warmth, and he did not hesitate to give it to her. He didn't understand anything, so little did he dare to ask at the moment, but he was crying too, it was simply inevitable seeing her so devastated. His white flannel was full of tears, but that mattered little to him, now his only need was to offer Frida his arms so that she could nest there. Only her sobs and the background music were heard, it was something immense and intense. Frida felt that this was her man, to whom she would always belong, and she did not want to change any of that.

As she smelled his perfume and clung to his chest, he had a memory, she was in exactly the same position, both of them sitting as they hugged each other and she cried into his chest, Benny caressed her hair comforting his wife and told her from time to time that everything would be okay. She felt an immense peace, security and love; Benny was her safety, her rock and strength, she knew that without him she couldn't survive.

Frida opened her eyes, she felt an enormous peace, she could remember him, or a great part of him and her love for him which was a great progress. She was in a trance between her life before the accident and her life after it, but if she was sure of something, it was that Benny was definitely the love of her life. She raised her head, detaching herself from him and finally their eyes met, Frida half smiled, suddenly she felt herself rise, as if a new her was resurfacing. "Of course I remember you," she said in a brittle voice, she rose slightly to sit on his lap before bursting into tears again. She wrapped her arms around his neck and rested her head on his shoulder.