Chapter 1: The Attacks.

Blades clashed hard as sparks flew high into the air. One sword was an azure blue the other a dark purple, both of similar textures.

"Slash!!" The swordsman in blue fell to his knees as a feminine figure that he knew laid dead and lifeless on the ground. Scowling he took his sword, stabbed it into the ground, and used the last bit of his life to imprison the foe that he had before him. Breathing his last breath, he made a wish that someone would someday gain his sword and finish what he had started. Unaware of how true that wish would become.

Centuries passed, and a mage family had indeed found the very sword. Tanya and Howard Billinton presented it to their son, Thomas, as he and his childhood friend Lady Stone gazed on in awe at it.

"What's it made out of?!" He asked out of curiosity.

"We don't know, Thomas our kiddo. We just found it."

"And quite the discovery it is." Added Tanya. "Especially since it doesn't seem to be made from the usual kind of materials. We'll probably need to have a much closer look at it."

As the parents talked to the children, no one noticed the sword glowing brightly as Thomas got a bit closer to it. Seemingly reacting off of his mana.

More time passed, and eventually, Thomas and his family had to move from Muffle mountain to Brighton for Horace and Lucia had been anything but proactive. Now the age of Ten and in a magic craft school, Thomas was often abused by his aunt and uncle all because he was starting to surpass them in terms of magic ability. Sadly his mother and father were so busy with work that they weren't around enough to stop it. The day when they came home to find Horace striking Thomas hard was the tipping point for Howard and Tanya.

"HORACE!!! WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING TO MY SON!!!!"

"Putting him in his place, brother. This child should not be more powerful than Lucia and I!"

"HOGWASH!!! WHAT UTTER GARBAGE!!!! HOW DARE YOU THINK SUCH THINGS!!! HOW DARE YOU STRIKE THOMAS LIKE THAT!!! YOU ARE SUCH A VILE EXCUSE FOR A BROTHER IN LAW!!!" Tanya then exhaled to calm herself down before turning towards her son. "Come here, Thomas. Let's leave these imbeciles. They don't know a single thing about wise parenting."

Thomas gave no argument as he then dashed to the loving arms of his mother. However even after leaving Brighton, the words from Horace and Lucia still greatly affected him.

Since that day, Thomas never once ventured outside his family's new property on Sodor. Instead, he studied hard and silently in his room, as well as practice other aspects of his physical abilities. He tried to continue practicing his swordsmanship but the very words from Horace and Lucia prevented him.

After his 15th birthday, Thomas still had very little luck in breaking all the mental chains that were still holding him down. He did try but often failed in attempting to practice any form of combat with swords. That said it wouldn't be like this forever. About a week after the one that marked the 15th year since he was born, people from the nearby village have been either disappearing or being found brutally slain left and right. He didn't normally care much for the outside world, but all the same, Thomas's kind heart still made him feel a bit concerned for the people around his area, so much so that he's trying to find a possible answer in his books.

"From what I get from the description of the wounds is that the people who turn up dead are clearly attacked with swords or clubs. But the fact that no bandits or misusers have been found in the places that are usually peaceful means that it has to be a beast of some kind."

"Hmm, sounds like you're already doing some major detective work, Thomas. From the look of things you may solve this mystery before anyone else."

"Mum!" Thomas then cried out in surprise. "Goodness me! Sorry, I didn't see you back there!"