{𝙲𝙷 2} 𝙼𝚊𝚣𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚕

~𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝓂𝓎 𝒹ℴ𝓌𝓃𝒻𝒶𝓁𝓁~

~

{Xiao pov}
_____________ _____________

It was now night time, the time when I went for a hunt of demons, but this time in a place I haven't visited for quite a bit. Mt Aocang. I probably should've checked on it earlier, though the adventurers where always what I wanted to avoid the most, and so didn't visit. Now I knew why the adventurers traveled there so much, because of a lowly demon. Funny I'd think like this, once I was just like them...But Morax was kind enough to let me serve Liyue even with hands stained by blood.... I quickly shook my head, these thoughts won't help and will only be a thorn at my side in the midst of battle. And so I quickly Teleported to my destination, a Black mist covering me within seconds, that disappeared together with my presence. I quickly found myself at a top of a mountain, with a view unlike any other, not so beautiful as other places in Liyue, but definitely unique in its own way. But I wasn't here to enjoy the scenery of the mountain, I couldn't lose more time then I already did. And so I quickly went down the mountain. I did not search the mountain itself, knowing mortals where going missing. And no ordinary citizen would simply climb a mountain, that was my opinion of this anyways. Though this point of view in this situation was right, together with the hypothesis of mortals going missing on the bottom of the mountain. That's when I saw a camp of hilichurls, a good warm up before a fight with a demon. At least that's what I thought at the time.

"Perish"

That was the only word that came out of my mouth, when I plunged in the Camp of hilichurls, these monsters did have the aura of a demon, it definitely was stronger then most demon's that I have encountered...this mission already seemed more dangerous then before, though I didn't mind. It was the land of an archon I swore loyalty to, and so I wouldn't hesitate putting my life at the line for mortals, who walk on this land. With these thoughts I continued to fight the hilichurls, one standing behind me charged at me with full speed I simply stepped to the side as the monster ran towards the spot I was seconds ago and pierced the creature's body with my polearm, the rest I defeated as easily. But something did get me by (Surprisingly) though it wasn't supposed to be so surprising knowing that I was at a hilichurl camp, and the monsters where easy to defeat. The surprising thing was that I actually was taken aback by a giant shield, but I quickly jumped in the air before I could fall and plunged right into the Bigger Hilichurl, defeating him with a single strike. And so within a few minutes, I finished clearing the camp. I took my time destroying the hilichurl towers, and that's when I discovered a hidden seal

"What is a seal doing here?"

The last thing I expected, was to find a breaking seal behind a hilichurl tower. Though I saw one right in front of my eyes. It contained a dark energy at bay, though the seal itself was made from ice alone. Probably made by a cryo vision. I throughly examined the seal that was close to breaking, and was a light blue colour at close, but from farther away a person couldn't see it, if someone hasn't discovered this yet, or maybe a mortal simply couldn't notice it. To that question I yet to have answers to. I decided to touch the seal, thinking nothing of it. But with one touch of my hand it completely broke down, the Dark demonic energy blasting at me with force unlike any other. the Demonic aura coming from the place completely overwhelming me, though I regained my composure, and moved deeper into the cave, with newly found confidence to anhilate the creature who had disturbed the peace in this land.
It was almost pitch black in the cave and seemed to never end, I walked straight until I felt myself hit a wall

"A wall here? What exactly is this damn place?"

More questions without answers arises in my head. And without realising, I spoke them out loud, but it was rather a whisper. I simply turned left to find my way around this pitch black place. After a while of walking around without aim, in hopes to find the mon I lost track of time. It was impossible to track it further with how dark it was in there, It seemed like I found myself in a maze. I an Adepti getting lost? Absolutely Unacceptable. But that was the bitter truth. I was lost. I took turn after turn not being able to find a way out, This was slowly getting to my nerves, as I huffed in annoyance. I couldn't believe that a place so dark existed, though in this world anything was possible. The Dark maze was pitiful, impossible to get to the other side it seemed. As I got lost in my emotions, I never realised my conciousness slowly slipping from my grasp, with a few last steps I fell to the floor trying to get up, but my conciousness left me as soon as I tried. Dreamless bliss welcoming me in its arms.

Darkness even darker then the maze enveloped me whole, the thoughts leaving me with only the feeling of biterness as they disappeared together with my conciousness. the Great Adepti has fallen to a simple trick, how disappointing.

____________ ______________

{Third Person view} ~

"Oh my, Can I enjoy tea without interruptions once a while.....it seems someone got lost in the maze again. why are people such a hassle to deal with these days?"

A Lovely figure said, sighing. The Figure had put back the tea cup on the small table, standing up. Walking away from the table she sat, going inside the maze. The Lovely lady had seemed to know the layout of the maze like the back of her hand and found the collapsed Adeptus rather easily.

What if the humble Lady had known that the act of help would seal her fate?

____________________

____________

But how could she have known?
_____

_

After all...
Fate wasn't a thing the girl believed in

~