"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked him, but he shook his head and stayed facing the opposite direction. "Okay." I said quietly, slowly laying myself down behind him and pulling the comforter over myself. But I don't think he could help himself as he started talking.

"This is how it always starts." He whispered, making me look at the back of his platinum head of hair as it laid on his pillow. "I don't want to feel anymore. Everything is easy when I can't feel." He mumbled. "Then the dreams kick in. They show me everything they did to me to make it all go away. You come around, and I feel myself slipping slowly over time, and my brain shows me these nightmares to remind myself of what they'll do to me if I choose you ever again." He whispered, turning under the blanket to finally look at me. His dark and red eyes would have scared me any other time, but I knew how exhausted he really was.

"I'd never let that happen again." I shook my head. "I know you don't believe me but it's true. I'm always going to be yours, Drake. And I'd let them do horrible things to me before I let them do anything else to you." I slowly reached my hand out to touch his cheek, but stopped myself while I was ahead. Don't fuck this moment up. Control it.

"You can touch me. If you want to." He whispered, still staring into my hesitant eyes. "I think I'd like it." He choked out. He scooted closer to me and grabbed my hand in his, placing it on the skin of his face and holding it there.

"Are you going soft on me, Malfoy?" I chuckled, trying to ease the tension. His face didn't so much as smile at me as he watched me watch him.

"I can't go soft. Ever again." He told me, but his body said differently as his thumb moved over the back of my hand to soothe himself. I glanced down at his chest and saw the same scars that I had seen weeks ago, only they were covered now.

"What's that?" I asked, removing my hand from his cheek and trying to pull the comforter down. He followed my eyes after he lost contact with me and looked down at his chest. "I thought I noticed them a few days ago, but I never really got a chance to look." I told him.

"I got tattoos." He whispered, looking back up at my surprised face.

"Tattoos?" I asked him shockingly. He nodded and a smirk finally started to appear on his face. "Can I see them?" I asked, moving the comforter softly. He grabbed it with his own hand and pulled it down to his waist, showing off his torso to me. I felt my jaw drop and my finger showily reached out and traced one that ran across his shoulder and chest.

Bolts of lightning.

"Did you just think they looked cool?" I whispered, looking back up at his eyes. He shook his head enthusiastically before he moved so I could see them better.

"They all mean something." He laughed breathlessly as he looked down as well. "That was because you're scared of thunderstorms," he chuckled, his hand brushing over his shoulder lightly.

"Because of me?" I asked him. I couldn't tell if my voice held more astonishment or confusion.

"Of course." He whispered, grabbing my hand in his. "I'll walk you through them. So the lightning is because we always cuddled when you were scared of thunderstorms. And this one." He moved to a medium sized and detailed British blue butterfly in between his ribs on his stomach, "this one is because you always said they were the same color as my eyes. The butterflies we'd chase in the fields." He whispered. My eyes stayed on his inked skin and watched as he dragged my index finger across his body to point at different tattoos. "These are for my mum," he took me down to the daffodils on his muscular hip, "because that's what her name means. Narcissa comes from narcissus which is the scientific name for daffodil," he said in a hushed voice.