💗"Thanks Dad" Platonic (Steve & Dustin)

Type- Fluff
Ship- None
⚠️possibly second hand embarrassment, cussing⚠️
This is different au set in season 3
This was also inspired by a tik tok I saw, I'll put their @ in the comments if I can find the video again :)
************************************
"Here you go Henderson, I got you and your friends the stupid candy you wanted." Steve said as he chucked the boxes of candy at Dustin.

They were all at Steve's house watching movies for the day to try and relax and not pay money for movie tickets.

Steve had left to get them all snacks and candy while the kids watched a movie he had already watched and just now came back.

"Thanks dad." Dustin said back making everyone pause.

An embarrassed blush quickly overtook Dustin's face as he pretended what he said wasn't what he said.

"No problem kiddo." Steve replied with a small chuckle, a smile on his face.

He has always wanted a large family but didn't know who he would make the family with and so having Dustin, Lucas, Mike, Will, Max, and El was great practice. He already counted them all as his kids and would kill anyone for them as well as die for them.

"Shut up." Dustin mumbled as he opened one of the boxes of candy.

"You ca-" Lucas was cut off by a box of candy hitting his face.

"Shut up!" Dustin said louder this time as he glared at Lucas, his blush darker now.

"Aww Dustin thinks of Steve as a dad~" Mike laughed, instantly having Dustin throw a box at him as well.

The corner of the box hit Mike inbetween his eyes making him let out an "Ow!" From the pain.

"SHUT UP!" Dustin yelled before eating some of the candy from his box aggressively.

"Yeah guys, just drop it. It's not like you haven't called Steve dad or mom on accident at least once." Will defended Dustin as he moved to check on Mike's small wound.

Steve smiled wider at this, all of his kids had called him mom or dad before either on accident or to tease him but no matter the reason he was still happy for it.

"Why do you guys call me mom?" He asked curiously, he didn't really care but he was still curious about it.

"Because you act more like a mom then you do a dad." Max answered as Mike gay panicked at Will's close proximity.

"How?" Steve asked as he stood with his hands on his hips.

"I don't know, it's just how you act." Max answered as El played with her hair.

"Who's your favorite child?" Mike asked as he finally moved his gaze from Will.

"I don't pick favorites." Steve answered at the same time as everyone else (but Dustin and Mike) answered "Dustin."

"No, I don't have a favorite! Your all my favorite children." Steve attempted to defend making everyone laugh.

"See! That's exactly how a mom would reply, dad's don't give a fuck about this type of stuff." Max stated making Steve sigh in defeat.

"Okay well if I'm your mom then who's your dad?" Steve asked, wondering who they would pair him with.

"Nobody yet, your both mom and dad but who knows, maybe next year at school we might find a dad figure." Lucas shrugged, the others nodding in agreement.

"Okay well as for the time being, I'm happy to be you little runts mom and dad." Steve chuckled before adding, "Now make some room for me, we're going to watch a better movie now."

Max and El moved over so Steve could sit beside of them, Mike and Will sat down in the floor infront of the coffee table while Lucas and Dustin sat on the other side of Steve on the couch.

They all watched movies and ate unhealthy snacks until night time, Steve drove all of the kids to their respective houses, leaving Dustin for last.

"Hey kid." Steve said as Dustin began to get out of his car.

"Yeah?" He asked as he paused for a second.

"Your my favorite kid, don't tell the others though." Steve smiled making Dustin laugh.

"Okay, bye dad." Dustin smiled before leaving the car and going to his house with his mom and cat.

Steve drove home and wondered who the kids new dad figure could be once they get to highschool.

Meh, who knows. That's going to be all up to them and the future to decide.

**************************************
750 Words! Sorry this oneshot is shorter then the others but I figured I should probably update this book :)