epilogue

two, three weeks later

Now there was a second photo hanging in the academy. And on both, Mitchell was to be seen. Only with Rooster in that spot.

The best of friends, Bradshaw and Jake would still not become, but both began to respect each other..... In their own way, at least. Not everyone, has to be friends with everyone or like everyone, that's unthinkable. It would be enough if everyone treated each other with the respect that each person deserves. And to this point, the two child heads, had finally arrived. In their own way, as I said.

What had actually improved, however, was the relationship between Mitchell and Bradshaw. The petulant toddler who simply hated Pete had become a human being.

But, who cares?!

"Come on. Stop it," an annoyed Kim called across the beach, shielding her eyes with her hand and raising her other hand to indicate what that was about, "Leave Fall alone."

"Women just like me," Jake countered, holding the Frisbee aloft rather than throwing it, "There's nothing I can do about it."

"If she knew better, she wouldn't," Kim retorted, picking up the leash and walking over to Jake and the black and tan dog, "Hey Fall, come here. You don't have to let that jerk tease you. You don't need to."

"Thanks," it was heard in a matter-of-fact tone from Jake, who gave the dog the plastic disc and put his arms around the brunette's body from behind, "Satisfied?"

"What was so difficult about it now?", Kim shook her head, watching Fall as the black and tan animal ran to the water, started playing there and put a hand on Jake's arm.

So much for someone being able to handle a dog.