I knew I shouldn't have smiled but I did anyway. There was something sarcastic about the way he was also talking to me.

"Now it's your turn." He crossed his legs and rested his hand on his knee. "How did you end up here?"

I let out a deep sigh and glanced down at my dress. I knew he could tell that I wasn't dressed like that for the sake of doing the dishes and watching a movie at home.

"I hit a man with a glass." I admitted shamefully and his eyes widened.

"Damn, okay, Flame," He said with an impressed grin. "I didn't know you were this violent. Your appearance told me otherwise."

I shrugged and walked over to him, taking a seat next to him. Even while sitting, I had to look up at him, he was that tall.

"It's not common with me, I swear." I tried to save myself from getting judged for being a crazy woman who liked to beat up people.

"So, this was just a special evening?"

I nodded and let out a tired smile.

"And tomorrow I've got to go to work," I said realizing that my job might be at risk if someone didn't come for me. "Jesus... I'm so fired already."

He laughed at my horrified expression and nudged me with his shoulder.

"It's not that bad." He gave me a half smile. "You can always be a recycler or a plumber. I've heard those were famous jobs for newly released prisoners."

I frowned as I imagined myself having to start again my life.

That couldn't happen, I was just overreacting. I was getting ahead of myself.

"What's your name, Flame?" He asked.

My eyes fiercely met his.

"Not Flame, I tell you that."

He scoffed and leaned his head against the cold wall behind him.

"I would have never thought, seriously."

"You know how strange people can be." I joked and adjusted the bottom of my dress.

When he didn't say anything else, I started to feel bad for not answering his honest question. Because he didn't seem like a bad guy at all. Just someone who made a mistake.

"It's Heddy," I said breaking the silence and also trying not to wake the woman up at the other side of our cell. "My name is Heddy."

He looked at me and gave me a thankful smile that I trusted him with my name.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Heddy. My name is Braith." He said. "I wish we could have met under different circumstances but I'll take what I can get."

I chuckled and dropped my hands to my lap.

"It is what it is, I guess."

Braith cleared his throat when we heard an officer walking past us in the hallway, casually talking into her radio.

"So, is your boyfriend coming to get you out?"

I shook my head.

"No boyfriend is coming to save me."

Braith looked at me from the corner of his eyes.

"Then... your girlfriend is coming to get you?"

I laughed at his curiosity.

"No, no girlfriend either."

"Then a trans partner maybe?"

"I'm single." I finished his thoughts and he weirdly looked at me.