𝟖| 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞

CHAPTER EIGHT:

FINDING PEACE

IT WAS FINALLY OVER

IT WAS FINALLY OVER.

N'Jadaka, Erik Stevens, Killmonger, son of Prince N'Jobu, had been killed in combat against his cousin down in the caves. During his last few breaths, he had remembered the time when his father said Wakanda was the most beautiful place he had ever seen and how it had the most beautiful sunsets ever.

T'Challa had been able to get his cousin on a cliff to watch the sun go down, a dream of his ever since his father had promised him he'd take him back to his home someday but when he got older, he had thought those dreams would never come true. However, his usual hard glary eyes had softened when he saw the sunset before he had taken the sword that had been stabbed into his chest out of him and let himself bleed to death.

T'Challa would always remember watching him collapse to the ground, leaving the world and going to be with his father, a man he had thought about during his years growing up ever since he had walked into their apartment to see his lifeless body on the floor with Panther claws imbedded into his chest with blood on his clothes, showing he had bled out just like he had done.

T'Challa was now king again and Wakanda was back to it's peaceful moments with no fighting going around, happy smiles laying on everyone's faces. The Jabari Tribe had made amends after many years, with the convincing of Omari. In the hallways of the palace, Y/n found herself standing with Omari, their fingers clasped together as they were speaking to one another with smiles on their faces.

After years of a secret friendship between them ever since they were little, a friendship that soon turned into something more that was unspoken, had been able to be freed and shown in public. The once secret, unspoken relationship between the two teenagers had finally been spoken about as the two were now in a relationship, despite the king of Wakanda's slight dislikes about how his daughter was growing up faster and he didn't like it one bit.

He had never known what his own father meant when he'd complain about his own children growing up until his daughter had finally had double digits in her age and was getting taller and even more beautiful than she had already been. Of course, she wasn't as tall as him but she was getting there in her teenage years.

Speaking of the said king, T'Challa found himself walking side by side with M'Baku through the hallways as they spoke to one another with calm smiles on their faces, both having been looking for the two teenagers until they found them just in front of them, their faces close to one another's. M'Baku let his throat clear loudly that made their heads snap over to them.

"Baba, I-I was just looking for you." Y/n stammers out, looking to her father.

"Me as well." Omari agrees just as his eyes widened. "I-I mean, I was looking for you, Brother. Not you, my King. Not that I wouldn't be--"

T'Challa raises a hand to get him to stop. "It's alright, Omari."

"I knew there was something going on between you two." M'Baku states with a hum. "Brother, you shouldn't have made it so obvious when you kept staring at her."

Omari's eyes widen as his hand moves behind his neck, awkwardly scratching it as he tried to avoid T'Challa's eyes that had been on him. The king walks forward until he was right in front of the teenager, who happened to be just a bit taller than him. Omari gulped, expecting a threat or something but T'Challa only rested his hand on his shoulder before leaning in and whispering something to the teenager.

Y/n awkwardly looked around, meeting M'Baku's eyes for a moment as Omari gulped again, nodding in response to T'Challa's quiet threat he had whispered in his ear before the older men were walking away, but not before T'Challa gave a soft kiss to his daughter's head. The girl looked to her boyfriend, her hands slowly going to his again as he watched his brother and his king's retreating figures.

Omari gulps. "He's gonna kill me."

Slight surprised at his words, a loud laugh escapes Y/n, followed by a snort as she covered her mouth. Her laugh and his voice could be heard throughout the hallway as he followed behind her, the boy claiming that T'Challa was gonna kill him when he least expected it, even if he knew it wasn't true but the king would keep an eye on him.

***

The sun was shining brightly in the city outside of Wakanda. In a parking lot, a tall basketball net could be seen right near a fence, the parking lot right next to a tall building. The same parking lot and the same building that N'Jadaka and Prince N'Jobu had lived in together before the older man had been killed. Y/n found herself standing on one side of her father, Shuri on his other side as they stared at the building.

Shuri had a slight displeased expression on her face as she glanced around the place, her eyes looking over to the teenagers that only looked a bit younger than Y/n playing basketball together just a few feet away from them, their voices calling out to one another as the boys on the same team got their teammates to pass the ball to them before shooting it into the tall net, the sound of the ball slamming against the concrete ground being heard as they dribbled the orange ball.

"When you said you would take me to California for the first time, I thought you meant Coachella... or Disneyland." Shuri admits, making Y/n chuckle a bit. "Why here?"

"This is where our father killed our uncle." T'Challa reveals.

"They're tearing it down." Y/n points out, her eyes reading a sign on the side of the building.

Shuri nods. "Good."

"They are not tearing it down." T'Challa protests. "I bought this building. And that building. And that one over there. This will be the first Wakandan International Outreach Center. Nakia will oversee the social outreach. And you two will spearhead the science and information exchange."

Shuri chuckles, sharing a glance with her niece. "You're kidding."

The man only raises a brow before tapping one of his Kimoyo beads and the helicarrier they had came here in appeared as it slowly was flying above the ground. The group of boys playing basketball had stopped their game when their eyes landed on the ship, words of awe leaving them as they stared at it, running around as the ship slowly landed in the empty parking lot.

One of the boys had stayed behind as he looked around before his eyes stopped on the small three family members before Shuri was jogging over to the ship, speaking to the boys. T'Challa wrapped his arm around his daughter and pulled her close as they watched them with a small smile.

"Hey, yo! This yours?" The boy calls to the older man as he points at the ship and T'Challa only smiles, squeezing his daughter's arm. "Who-- Who are you?"

For a moment, it was silent as the boy glanced between the father and daughter, seeing Y/n smiling softly at him as T'Challa let a little smirk etch onto his face, all while he stared at them in slight awe.