𝟓| 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER FIVE:

FIGHTING FOR THE THRONE

THE WATERFALLS WERE loud, the silence on the cliff being uncomfortable as the council and the Dora Milaje stood together, their eyes glancing between their king and the outsider they found out was capable of taking the throne from T'Challa if he'd...

THE WATERFALLS WERE loud, the silence on the cliff being uncomfortable as the council and the Dora Milaje stood together, their eyes glancing between their king and the outsider they found out was capable of taking the throne from T'Challa if he'd win against the challenge. The once hyper and happy drums that had played the very first time T'Challa had became king and had won the challenge against M'Baku were a distant memory as the fighters prepared themselves to fight one another.

It seemed as if to the sun didn't wanna see the fight and shine down on the lucky winner in the future as it hid deep behind the grey-ish clouds high up in the light blue sky. Some of the council were still in shock to find out that Erik Stevens, Killmonger or N'Jadaka, the man who had brought them the dead body of Uylsses Klaue and revealed that he was one of them and had a right to try for the throne and become king because being the son of Prince N'Jobu, the little brother of Prince T'Chaka gave him a chance to actually try to be king.

The man didn't even seem to care if the council or the queen of Wakanda wanted that, he was determined to win the challenge against his cousin and rule Wakanda whatever it took, even if he would lose this fight.

T'Challa found himself knelt down in the water, his shirt off and now in a pair of shorts, similar to what he had worn the day he became king as Zuri stood in front of him. The older man was dragging his thumb along the king's cheek, putting war paint on him and as the man turned around and walked where everyone else was, T'Challa slowly looked over to see his cousin standing just a few feet away from him, the same clothes he had been wearing still covering his body.

Erik's glaring eyes met his for a moment before looking at the spear in his hand, looking it up and down. Not liking how long it was, he raised his leg and kicked the stick part of the spear, breaking it in half and making it shorter, swinging it around in the air a bit.

Meanwhile, Y/n was nervously playing with her fingers as she stood in between her grandmother and aunt. She could only hope that her father would win and that this strange man who was a relative of her family would lose.

"He'll never beat T'Challa." Shuri states. "He should've just come to the first challenge and gotten it over with."

Eventually, Zuri was walking back over to T'Challa and the man was taking a sip of the liquid in the bowl Zuri was holding, the older man announcing the strength of the Black Panther will be stripped away. Erik watched with curious eyes as T'Challa looked like he tried not to gag, some grunts escaping him as dark veins crawled up his skin before he looked to the small crowd that had came to watch the fight that only included the council, the small royal family and the Dora Milaje.

They all held their arms to their chests, crossing them with their hands in fists as they moved their chests up and down, bouncing a bit on their feet to the rhythm of the drums. His curious eyes casted towards the king's daughter, tilting his head a bit. He had his suspicions when he first saw her in the throne room, her small hand in her father's when he was being led in and he noticed she didn't have a lot of the same features as her father.