𝟔| 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐣𝐚𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐢 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

CHAPTER SIX:

GOING TO JABARI LAND

THE CRICKETS CHIRPING were loud all around the forest area of Wakanda

THE CRICKETS CHIRPING were loud all around the forest area of Wakanda. It was dark out, the moon shining down on the civilians as they processed the news of having a new king after the son of the once King T'Chaka had been killed and thrown over the cliff and down with the rest of the waterfall. People were grieving, especially the ones closest to the two men that had died, T'Challa and Zuri.

Some people in the kingdom of Wakanda were scared, yet curious as they wondered what their new king would be like, only the council and the Dora Milaje knowing that he was the son of Prince N'Jobu, the little brother of King T'Chaka, the same king who had killed his brother years when Erik and T'Challa were very young, only near their pre-teen years when Erik Stevens had found his father lifeless on the floor with claw prints imbedded into his skin with blood slowly beginning to pour out. Erik had no regret or remorse after killing Zuri and then his own cousin.

All he cared about was getting the throne that he was sure he rightfully deserved instead of T'Challa, and now that he had it, he was determined to rule Wakanda for the rest of his life until his dying days, even if the people closest to the now lifeless young king would secretly hate it for the rest of their lives. Okoye was one of those people. She was silently grieving for T'Challa and Zuri but even if she didn't want Erik to be king, she was loyal to whoever it was who sat on the throne.

Meanwhile, in the darkness of the forest, the now small royal family of three females could be seen standing together as they waited for Nakia to join them after she had gone back to the palace for something before the new and cruel king caught her. On the way out and through the tunnels, the females had been given blankets to wrap around themselves and keep them warm from the coolness of the night time air.

Ramonda found herself holding her daughter and granddaughter tightly close against her body as they sat in silence. A large blanket was wrapped around all three of them, but even if both younger girls had blankets around them, Ramonda had made it her mission to wrap hers around them and hold them close against her. Tears stained their now dry cheeks, their eyes slightly red as the occasional sound of Y/n's quiet sniffles added to the chirping of crickets.

The teenager had her head rested on her grandmother's shoulder as her small hand laid in Shuri's slightly bigger one, their eyes all staring down at the dirty ground they were currently standing on, but they didn't seem to care as their mind stayed on the man they loved very much and always would.

"First Baba. And now my brother." Shuri mumbles.

"We didn't even get to bury him." Y/n sobs out.

The queen was quietly shushing her a bit while also rubbing her back as the girl lowered her head, the sobs leaving once again like they had been before. However, their attention soon went behind them when they heard the sound of the bushes and trees behind them moving and Ramonda was shooting up, grabbing the weapon from her side and pointing it at the person, only to relax once she saw it was Nakia.