but when you looked back up at yourself, your eyes narrowed in suspicion. "hey, izuku?"

immediately you heard footsteps getting louder and louder. soon enough izuku was standing in your doorway to your closet already in his uniform minus the blazer. he watched you mess with your sleeves before calling out. "yeah?"

"maybe my glasses aren't the right prescription but," you started as he walked into the small room where you made eye contact through your black-rimmed glasses. "is the white on my hair higher?"

izuku tore his eyes away from you to look at your hair. he analyzed it like it was a test question, eyes narrowed and finger to chin in thought. "yeah. it's definitely higher."

"it is right?" you inspected a strand. "i think the last time it was mentioned, the girls had said it was below my ear, but now..." you looked at the ombré effect. "it's above my ear."

"yeah." izuku nodded. "it's not much of a difference though. i don't think anyone will realize unless you point it out."

you dismissed it, leaving it in its natural form for a change. "i feel like a different person."

"different doesn't mean bad though. you still look good." izuku reassured with a smile before turning around to walk out the closet. "now come on. we have to go."

you followed him to your room where your blazers and bags were sitting on your swinging chair. in all honesty you didn't know how today would go, but you never set any standards or hopes as you and izuku stepped into the elevators. you knew if you expected it to go one way, it'd just go the other. but you were so used to it by now that you just went with it. complaining got you nowhere, and you knew that.

"i'm glad you're choosing to be productive instead of cooping up in your room." izuku had suddenly said. "like when something devastating happens to someone and they just block themselves out from the world and stuff like that. you get what i'm saying right? i'm proud of you for being strong enough to get out of bed and do something and go to school to maybe take your mind off it! not saying that i'd be disappointed if you didn't, but i'm glad you-"

"izuku." you laughed softly, cutting him and his rambling short. "i get it."

he sweat-dropped with a nervous smile. "sorry, but you really are strong y/n. and i admire that a lot. i know it must be hard."

"thank you. i guess i just.. i don't know." you sighed deeply. "i wanna make sure my dad's words aren't in vain. and when this had happened with sir nighteye.." you both looked to the ground, getting flashbacks to his dying words on his death bed.

let's keep smiling!

you looked up at izuku with a soft smile. one that made his mouth part slightly. "i wanna make sure i keep them satisfied, and do what they would wanna see from me."

i don't want you to feel sad about this. i don't want you to beat yourself down. these are the things that hold you back. i don't want to hold you back.

izuku could tell you were thinking about him as the elevator doors opened. but with a determined smile he grabbed your hand, snapping you out of your thoughts to look at him. he gave your hand a comforting squeeze.

"doing it for love."

you thought about his words for a moment before nodding. "all for love."

he let go of your hand and you two walked into the commons where a majority of your classmates were. when seeing you two, their eyes lit up in joy. "midoriya! rai! goodmorning!"