part seven

"We have to do something!" Robin ran to Eddie's room

"What are we doing?" I ran after her, the others following.

"Music!" Is all I earned in response. Robin dumped a stash of cassettes onto the bed, searching through them.

"Steve says you need to hurry!" Erica shouted, running in from the living room.

"Yea, no shit!" Dustin yelled.

"We're trying, we can't find anything. Seriously, what is all this shit?"

"What are you even looking for?" Eddie panicked, hurrying over to us.

"Madonna, Blondie, Bowie, Beatles? Music, we need music!"

"This is music!"

"Beatles!" I jumped off of the bed. "Eddie, where's the cassette you used earlier on me?"

"What?" Dustin shouted.

"Not now! Eddie?" He felt around in his pockets, his eyes widening.

"Shit, I must've left it."

"You idiot!" Dustin shouted. "That was our only-"

"Guys, she's back!" Erica shouted from the living room. We ran in, seeing Nancy and Steve sitting down on the couch. After a minute of all of us staring at her in shock, Eddie, Erica and I sat down on the couch across from her while the others stood.

"What... what happened?"

"He showed me things that haven't happened yet. The most awful things. I saw a dark cloud spreading over Hawkins. Downtown on fire, dead soldiers. And this... this giant creature with a gaping mouth. And this creature wasn't alone. There was so many monsters. An army. And they were coming into Hawkins. Into our neighborhoods. Our homes. And then, he showed me my mom. And Holly. Mike. And they... they were all..." She let out a shaky breath and we all knew what she meant.

"Okay, but... he's just trying to scare you, Nance. Right, I mean, it's not real." Steve tried to calm her down.

"Not yet. But there... there was something else. He showed me gates. Four gates, spreading across Hawkins. And these gates, they looked like the one outside of Eddie's trailer but, they didn't stop growing. And this wasn't the Upside Down Hawkins, this was our Hawkins. Our home." Eddie had his hand up to his mouth, so I took it in mine, trying to calm him down.

"Four chimes." Max spoke from off to the side. "Vecna's clock, it always chimes four times. Four exactly."

"Yea, no, she's right." I stared at the floor, thinking about when I heard the clock.

"Wait, so you're under Vecna's curse too?" Dustin asked, concern lacing his voice and his face.

"Yea." I gave him a sad smile.