part two

A REPETITIVE KNOCK WAS heard on our front door

        A REPETITIVE KNOCK WAS heard on our front door. "Alright, cut it out!" I stood from the couch, making my way to the door. "I hear you, quit-" I opened the door to find Max Mayfield looking worried. "Dustin, it's for you."

I sat on the couch for a few minutes before Dustin came rushing back out to me, pulling me to his room. "Okay, you mind telling me what the hell that was about?"

"Chrissy Cunningham."

I waited for him to continue, but he didn't. "I'm not really into blondes, but smash I guess." I shrugged, sitting on his bed.

"What? No. She's the dead teen." Dustin paced back and forth.

"Wait, how do you know that?"

Max looked nervous. "She was with Eddie at his trailer last night. When the cops went in, I saw her in her cheerleading uniform, the same thing she was wearing last night."

"...Okay. Did you mention any of this to the cops?" I stood up, copying Dustin's movements.

"No, fuck the cops. Eddie wouldn't do something like this."

"How can you be so sure?" I crossed my arms.

"He may seem tough and mean, okay, but Eddie is no killer. The man would scream if he saw a spider in his room." He shook his head.

"Yea, I don't know about that."

"Listen, guys, I couldn't have been the only one who saw them together. They stood out."

"Yea, I mean, what was Chrissy even doing with Eddie in the first place?"

"Oh, is someone jealous?" Dustin smiled.

"This isn't the time, asshole." I shoved him, focusing back on Max. "Did you see anything else? Maybe they were carrying something inside? A VHS maybe?"

"No, I couldn't see anything." She sighed. "Guys, this isn't good. Eddie is suspect number one right now."

"Who says he didn't?" Dustin shot me a glare. "I'm just saying. Who else could it have been? His uncle was at work, right?" Max nodded.

"I already told you, Eddie isn't capable of something like this."

"They said the same shit about Ted Bundy." Max pointed out, angering Dustin even more.

"You're comparing him to a serial killer now?"

"No, I'm just- we can't rule it out, okay?"

Dustin sighed and sat on his bed. "Why haven't you told the cops this?"

"I don't know." She stuttered.

"Max, is there something you're not telling us?" She looked nervous, staring at her feet.

"Right before Eddie left his trailer, my TV started acting weird and the lights started flickering. And he left in a hurry. Nothing that weird, Eddie always drives like a maniac, and the power goes off at my place all the time. It's a piece of shit. But this morning, I started to think back, and... the look on his face. He was scared, really scared. Maybe he was scared because, you know, he just killed someone, or maybe because, I don't know maybe-"