part six

EDDIE'S POV

EDDIE'S POV

         I WAS WATCHING NANCY patch Steve up when I realized Cassie never came back. "Hey, Cassie, you alright?" I shouted, but there was no response.

"Where'd she go?" Steve asked, grunting from the pain.

"She's right over here." I peered the corner of the rock where she stood with her back to me. "Cassie." I touched her shoulder, but she was still. "Cassie?" When I stood in front of her, her eyes looked the same as Chrissy's had. "Holy shit, guys! Get over here."

They all came scrambling over. "What's wrong?"

"Vecna's got her." I shook her shoulders. "Cassie! Can you hear me?"

"Her song, what's her favorite song?" Robin asked.

"Screw that, we don't have any music." I placed my hands on my head in frustration. "Shit, shit, shit, this can't happen."

"Cass! Cassie!" Steve shouted in her face.

"It's not gonna work, dude." I pointed out.

"Yea well we gotta try something." He shouted back.

"Wait." Nancy dug around in her bag and pulled out a walkman. "I knew I brought it with me. Any chance one of you know her favorite song?" She rushed her words.

"That Hey Dude song from The Beatles!"

Nancy kneeled on the ground and dumped her bag out, searching until she found it. "Thank god it's one of their popular songs." She instantly popped it in and put the headphones on Cassie.

"How long does this take?" I fiddled with my rings.

"It should be working." Steve said, confused. "Nancy, why isn't it working?"

"This isn't real, is it?"

"Are you that stupid?" Jason's voice was completely distorted at this point, replaced by a deep bounding one instead. Jason moved closer and I took that as my cue to take off running.

I could hear him following close behind me, but when I glanced behind me, I let out a scream. Instead of Jason, there was a big monster looking thing who could only be Vecna.

"You can't run for long."

"Why isn't it working?" I yelled.

"This doesn't make any sense. She specifically told you her favorite song is Hey Jude?"

"Yes!" I shouted again.

"Then she should be snapping out of it! It must not be her favorite song anymore."

"Wait." I had a thought. I reached into my jacket pocket and pulled out Master of Puppets. "Hoping for a miracle here." I replaced the cassette with that one and pressed play.