chapter 18

Let's pretend I didn't say sports day was tmr last chapter, bc it is now the weekend... I'm fucking up the timeline ik, I hope it isn't too confusing
(Filler chapter so suck it, also, i technically dont own Raven :)))

    I sat at the breakfast table awkwardly with Riley as his mom was yelling at someone on the phone. I looked towards Riley but he shrugged his shoulders. His mom angrily hung up and slammed the phone on the table. Damn, that probably cracked.

    She sighed as a few tears fell from her eyes. Riley stood up and walked to her side.

    "Mom? Are you okay?" He asked hesitantly and she hugged him tight. He hugged back as she sobbed into his shoulder.

   "Your-Your dads a dick," she choked out and he laughed as they pulled apart, her sobs subsiding.

    "Oh yeah? What'd he do this time?" He asked with a smile.

    "Disowning Raven. She's coming here," His smile dropped.

    "Okay so let me get this straight. Raven is your twin sister who grew up in America because after you had twins you guys split up and each took one. She's like a total mechanic at sixteen and doesn't take your dad's shit. So he finally had enough of her and just disowned her?" I recalled.

    "Yes, and now he's fighting me for Riley, however hes not going to get him unless thats what Riley wants' ' he shook his head no quickly "I now legally have custody over both of them. They're mine," Riley's mom finished for me.

    I sat with wide eyes, "Wow," I breathed out.

    "Yea wow," Riley repeated.

    His mom turned to me and grabbed my hands, "I am so sorry, but is there any way you'd be willing to share your room with her? I really enjoy having you around and do not want you to stay with another family, but I understand if you want your own space," 

    I shook my head, "No, it's okay. It's totally fine," I reassured her and she nodded in relief, "When is she arriving?"

    "Today,"

    "Great, lots of time to prepare,"

    I sighed as I finished moving my stuff to one half of the room. It had been about three hours since I found out I was getting a roommate. I was actually kind of excited not gonna lie. Another American, well, sort of American. But she grew up in America so I'll be able to talk to her about American things. 

    She was supposed to arrive in about an hour so I decided to FaceTime Nick. He answered with messy hair and tired eyes. His head laying down on his pillow.

    "What do you want? It's so early," He complained and I laughed.

    "It's literally noon,"

    "I stand by what I said,"

    I sighed, "Riley has a twin sister, and she's gonna be my roommate," His closed eyes shot open.

    "What!?"

    I explained the story and he listened, only interrupting when he was confused; which was often. I kept talking until a knock on the front door interrupted me. I check the time and realized I had already been talking to Nick for an hour.

    I let out a breath, "She's here," I said quietly.

    "Go meet her, call me later," Nick said and I nodded, saying goodbye and hanging up.