chapter 2

Time skip to where they are in the show

    "Hey Charlie, how's it going?" I asked as I walked out into the kitchen for a glass of water.
    "Hi y/n, it's going good!"
    "Hey Y/n, wanna go to Harry's party with us?" Riley asked.
    "Isn't that tonight?"
    "Yeah, we're leaving in an hour so you have time to get ready,"
    "Please?" Charlie begged. I sighed.
    "Yeah, I'll go," The boys cheered and I laughed.

    We walked into the loud building and I looked around at all the people laughing and the strobe lights. Music was playing incredibly loud and a smile found its way onto my face.
    Riley grabbed Charlie's hand and dragged him to the dance floor. I smiled knowingly. I made my way to the drinks, stopping to say hi to Imogen.
    "Y/n, I didn't know you were going to be here," A voice said and I jumped.
    "Holy shit Nick, you scared me," I said with a hand over my heart. He gave me a look of sympathy.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean too,"
    "It's alright, you're fine. Anyways, I didn't know I was going either until about and hour ago,"
    "Oh, nice"
    "Yeah… do you know if these have alcohol in them?" I asked, pointing to the drinks.
    "Um, I don't believe so, I think that's the only decent thing about Harry. He doesn't drink,"
    I laughed, "Yeah, that's good,"
    A hand grabbed Nick's arm and dragged him away. I waved as he was going and he waved back with his small smile.
    I drifted from the drink table and went to the side of the room, where there weren't many people.
    A whistle sounded out and I looked up from my drink. A tall boy, obviously on something was looking me up and down, he walked closer to me.
    "Hi hottie," His breath stank of beer.
    I cringed farther into the wall, trying my hardest to get away. "Please go away,"
    "Oh c'mon, why don't we go back to my house huh?" He asked, bringing his arm up to my cheek. His mouth so close to mine I could taste the beer.
    "Please get off me," Tears filled my eyes as his free hand went down and touched my thigh.
    "Oh loosen up," A hand landed on his shoulder as the guys hand touched me and tears fell freely.
    "Oi, they told you to get off, I'd advise you to listen," The owner of the hand said, pulling him off me.
    Through my blurred eyes I saw Nick, pushing the guy back to the dance floor. I blinked and more and more tears fell.
    "Y/n, y/n are you alright?" Nick asked as he came near me. I tried to talk but couldn't get any words out. Nick hugged me and I hugged back. After a few moments I calmed down and took one last breath.
    I let go and wiped my eyes.
    "Do you want to leave?"
    "I just need to get away from this room,"
    A goofy grin came across Nick's face and I laughed. He grabbed my hand softly and led me to a corridor. I let go of his hand and he looked at me in confusion.
    "Race ya," I said and ran down the corridor. He laughed and ran after me.
    Eventually he caught up to me enough to grab my arm. Pain shot up my arm and I hissed.
    "Ow,"
    Nick let go immediately, "Are you okay?"
    I cradled my arm, hiding it from his view.
    "Yeah I'm fine. Just, just a cat scratch,"
    "Oh, I didn't know Riley has a cat,"
    I laughed nervously, "Yeah, mean one at that,"
    "Oh, well c'mon," He grabbed my hand again and led me into a room.
    "A ballroom?"
    Nick smiled, "Yes, a ballroom. Let's dance shall we?" He asked as he got out his phone and put on classical music.
    "I don't know how to waltz,"
    "I can teach you,"
    "You know how to waltz?"
    "Do not question me," He offered his hand and I hesitantly took it. He brought me closer and put his hand on my waist. "Is this alright?"
    "Yeah, it's alright," I put my hand on his shoulder and he guided me through the steps. We moved as gracefully as two teenagers could around the ballroom.
    I accidently stepped on his foot and I mumbled an apology. He just laughed it off. Eventually the music stopped and we just sat and talked.
    I looked at Nick's side profile as he was telling a story about his dog, Nellie. I smiled. Over the past few weeks I've found myself thinking about him more and more. I think I like him. But I don't know for sure yet. There's no way he'd like someone like me anyways. He'd definitely like someone like Imogen more.
    "Y/n?"
    I flinched, startled, "Hm?"
    "I've been meaning to talk to you about something,"
    I sat up straighter, "Uh, okay, what's up,"
    "I-I think I like guys,"
    "Oh,"
    "But, but I like girls too. And I don't know, I've gotten really close to you, and-and I know you, like, I know you like girls and guys too, that's like, something you're open about. And I'm just really confused. Because I might like this girl, and I might like this guy. And I don't understand-"
    "Nick, slow down. I understand. It's confusing at first. Just remember, you're allowed to like both genders. It's okay. What're you thinking? Bisexual? Pan? Omni?"
    "Um, I was doing research, I think I'm bisexual,"
    I smiled, "I support you Nick, I'm beyond happy you trusted me enough to tell me about this,"
    He smiled back at me, "Thank you Y/n, really, thank you so much,"
    I laid my head on his shoulder and sighed in comfort. I tried to ignore the pit in my stomach.