chapter 10

"Y/n hurry up, we have to go," Riley called out.
    "Almost ready!" I answered as I finished with my hair. I walked down the stairs to see Riley waiting by the door.
    "Finally,"
    "Oh shut up. If we leave now we'll be ten minutes early, you just want to see your boyfriend,"
    "Don't act like you don't want to see yours," Riley retorted, my mouth dropped.
    "Nick is not my boyfriend,"
    "I never said Nick. I could've been talking about Tao,"
    I stuck my tongue out at Riley and ran out of the house. He ran after me.
    "Haha, you're too slow," I yelled back at him.
    He shook his head and sped up, but so did I. I laughed when I heard him curse under his breath.
    "Get your ass over here!"
    Luckily we only lived a five minute walk from the milkshake truck, so running it only took a minute or two. My lungs begged for air but I didn't start slowing down until our friends came into view.
    Charlie pointed my way and everyone looked at Riley chasing me. I reached the picnic table they were sitting at and hid behind Nick as he was the farthest away.
    Riley came around but I circled the table so he couldn't get me. I ran to Darcy.
    "Darcy, save me, he's going to kill me,"
     Darcy laughed but stood up, "Don't worry princess, I'll be your knight in shining armor,"
    Darcy and Riley continued to have a dramatic air sword fight and I got my phone out to record it. After dramatic turns, stabs, jumps, etc. Darcy stabbed Riley in the heart and he fell down to the ground. Dead.
    "Darcy, you killed my boyfriend," Charlie whined and everyone looked at him in shock, Riley included.
    "You guys are dating?" Elle asked.
    "Oh, uh, yeah, we are,"
    I smiled, "Oh that's awesome I'm so happy for you guys," I sprang up and gave each of them a hug. "Does Tao know?" I asked, noticing the boy's absence.
    Charlie rubbed his arm, "Not yet, but we are going to tell Tao, we just need to find the right time,"
    "Find the right time to tell Tao what?" Speak of the devil.
    Charlies eyes widened, "I-um, I-"
    "Tell Tao that his favorite milkshake flavor isn't a thing anymore," Elle cut in.
    Tao pouted, "Awh, that's so sad," We laughed at his pout which made him pretend to cry.
    "Oh come here, I'm so sorry," I said in a baby voice making grabby hands. He walked over and I wrapped my arms around him. He did the same and pretended to sob in my arms. I soothed him and patted his back.
    "Come on you baby, we need to order," Charlie teased. We all got up to order.

    I sighed as I finished my last sip, "You guys want seconds?" Nick asked, everyone, cheered.
    "I'll help you," I offered and Nick nodded. We got up and left the group behind.
    I cringed when I heard what Nick ordered. "What the actual fuck, you are not getting a bubblegum milkshake,"
    "Um, indeed I am, is there a problem?"
    "Yeah, there is a problem. It's a bubblegum milkshake for fucks sake,"
    "Do not insult the bubblegum,"
    "I'm insulting it. You brits are fucking weird,"
    "I doubt yours is that much better, American,"
     The drinks came out, "Really, try it then,"
    Nick scoffed but tried it nevertheless. His eyes widened. I laughed victoriously.
    "Haha, y/f/f for the win!"
    Nick laughed his laugh, "I think we should switch,"
    "Oh no, no no no, you made your choice,"
    "Oh, I see how it is,"
    "Here, how about we share," I grabbed two straws from the straw cup and put them both in my cup as Tao and Riley walked up.
    "We're here to help you carry the milkshakes. Eight milkshakes, eight hands,"
    "Thanks," Nick said as two more drinks came out and Riley grabbed them.
    "You guys go back, I'll wait here for the last two," Tao said.
    "Are you sure T?" I asked, he seemed surprised by the nickname but he brushed it off.
    "Yeah, I'm sure. Thanks, y/n," I smiled in response and we walked away.
    "I hope we aren't interrupting girl talk," Riley said as we sat down and handed drinks out. I sat next to Nick so we could share mine.
    "I'm not a girl," Charlie pointed out, Riley just shrugged to which Charlie scoffed.
    We talked for a while. About Charlie and Riley, how Tao didn't know and I made sure to tell Charlie that he needs to be told soon or something bad could, and probably will happen.
    “Okay, just letting you know, we have twenty minutes before the show starts,” Tao said as he came back with the last drinks. We all rushed to finish. We all finished quickly and laughed because Darcy got whipped cream on her nose.

5/20/22