Chap 19

I couldn't concentrate on anything for
the rest of the week, especially during lessons. My mind kept going over the phrase "Meet me behind the gym. I have something I need to tell you."

I slammed my opened textbook over my face and groaned. My heart wouldn't stop racing and I can't stop thinking about him. This is so stupid. And as that thought passed, my heart betrayed me and fluttered in excitement. I groaned inwardly.

"Nishinoya-san, can you come to the front and answer this question?" I removed the textbook from my face to see an unamused teacher leering at me. I put my textbook down with a huff before going up to the whiteboard.

Oh Asahi taught me how to do this question the other day, I know how to do this! As I started writing the answer, my brain decided to remind of how his close his voice felt to my ears. I felt my heart skip a beat and i fought back the urge to cough. After forcing myself to take a normal breath, I finished up the solution and went back to my seat.

I'm so ready for the day to end.

After hours of learning and getting told off many times, lunch finally approached. As excited as I am, I am also very very nervous.

Why am I so nervous? Its just Asahi and we're just meeting up. It'll be fine, it'll be normal. Then maybe we could get lunch together!

With renewed determination, I made my way to the gym. As I was approaching, I saw a hunched up figure back facing me. I could barely hold back a smile as I tapped his shoulder.

"Asahi! Hey!"

The tall male jumped and turned around swiftly. After seeing me, he heaved a sigh of relief. "Hah… I thought you wouldn't come"

"Why wouldn't I?" I asked with a laugh.

"Well, its not exactly normal for us to meet up like this.." Asahi replied, his nervousness returning. "It's fine, I don't mind! Anyway I was thinking we could get lunch together. But first, what's up? Why did you call me here?" I asked.

A shadow suddenly fell onto his face. The smile on my face wavered but it remained, as bright as usual. "Did.. something happen?" I asked as I felt uncertainty start to well up.

Asahi placed both hands over his face and pushed his hair back while exhaling. He shook his hands to relieve the tension before saying, "I have been… researching sexualities and stuff and I finally came to terms with what I am."

"Oh my god congrats!" I couldn't help but feel excited. Maybe he's pan like me? Bi? Or maybe he's gay. And maybe he can like me back too.

"Nishinoya, I'm ace, asexual."

yall dont u dare hate on ace people.