Chap 17

"Heck yes! Early dismissal!" I threw my books into my bag and sprinted out of the classroom. Usually I'd have remedial lessons but today the teacher gave us a break, which means that I can head to the gym earlier! And maybe see him earlier...

After I threw my bag in the clubroom, I made my way to the gym to see 2 figures flailing their arms around.

"Hey it'll be okay, we'll make it work... somehow..."

"No one has seen my hair down like this before! And Kiyoko-san isn't here! What if they think its dumb? I probably look weird, don't I? Plus its against the school rules! What if a teacher walks in?-"

I felt really awkward so I just knocked on the gym's door. I was greeted with 2 blank looks from Suga and Asahi.

"aH Noya-san! um uh hey-" Asahi's face turned red and he quickly looked away. He ran his fingers through his loose hair nervously. Suga was waving to me with an awkward smile.

"Hey Noya-san! We're in the middle of a uh predicament..." Suga said while scratching the back of his head. "Asahi's hair tie snapped and he doesn't have any extras. Usually we'd ask Kiyoko-san but... She isn't going to be here today so we're-"

"panicking-" Asahi squeaked.

"Right, panicking" Suga continued with a small laugh. "But seriously though we have no idea what to do-" Suga hung his head in either embarrassment or shame. Or both.

"I think I have spare hair ties." I said while bringing a finger to my cheek. Mai gave me some before my suspension from club activities were over. I placed it in my bag and didn't see the need to take it out. A hand on my shoulder snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see Asahi's face being ridiculously close to mine.

"Are you serious?" His eyes looked frantic. I felt my breath catch in my throat as my face heated up. I took a step back and said, "Y-yeah, probably. I'll go get 'em, be right back!" And then I sprinted out of the gym and towards the clubroom

Oh what the fuck was that okay fuck okayyyyy its fineeee we'll be okayyy just get the hair ties Nishinoya, it'll be oKay

I returned to the gym swiftly with the hair ties in hand. Suga's and Asahi's faces softened with relief. "You're a lifesaver Nishinoya! Thank you oh my god..." Asahi exhaled with a smile. "Yeah! You're really reliable Nishinoya" Suga said while gently elbowing my side. I smiled back at the two like a proud puppy. At least I can be of some use.

"Oh but the rubber bands are too small to tie a bun with, shit..." Asahi's moment of relief ended quickly. Worry fell onto his face again, making my heart ache. "Hey! Don't worry, these rubber bands are the perfect size for tying braids. I can braid your hair for you!" I said quickly, wanting to get rid of the bad feeling.

"You know how to braid hair?!" Suga exclaimed in astonishment. Asahi looked skeptically at me as if it was too good to be true. I held back a laugh as I replied, "Yeah? I learnt from Mai and her friends'' The 2 looked at me with confusion. "You've talked to girls?-" Suga asked before I shut him down quickly.

"Yes- I don't simp for them shush. I met them in the girls volleyball team. They're adorable first years!" I explained while remembering their happy faces. Suga gave a thoughtful nod while Asahi looked nervous.

"I've never had my hair in a braid before..." He mumbled while furrowing his eyebrows with worry. I placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. "It'll be okay Asahi. Trying new things can be scary but we're in a safe environment. I'm sure no one will make fun of you for it." Suga hummed an agreement. Asahi took a deep breath before giving me a weak smile. I gave him 2 thumbs ups and said, "It'll be fun! Come on!"

"Haha okay, y'all have fun alright? I gotta go help Daichi with something" Suga said whilr looking at his phone. He waved us goodbye before walking out of the gym. "Well, I guess it's just us now" Asahi said. I shrugged.

I guided him over to the side of the gym and sat him down. "Man it's been a while I hope I can still do this" I spoke my thoughts aloud without meaning to. Asahi chuckled nervously before saying, "I hope so too... But I'm sure you can do it, I trust you." I felt my heart skip a beat. "Aww thank you Asahi." I gushed, hopefully sounding normal.

"By the way, what do you think Daichi and Suga are up to?" I asked Asahi as I combed his hair with my fingers. It's really silky. "Mmm I feel like they're eating lunch together or something. I'm sure they mentioned it just now."

"Ah okay" I smiled as I started splitting his fringe into 3 sections. "Though if they're not eating lunch they could be studying. Suga really likes studying actually.", Asahi continued. "What?! No wayyy" I said as I started weaving his hair together. "They seem to hangout a lot huh" I commented. "Mmm yeah they trust each other a lot." Asahi said, "kinda like how we are I guess, heh" I couldn't see his face but I could tell he had an awkward smile on. Despite the awkwardness, I know his words are genuine. "Yeah.." I mumbled with a smile, feeling my heart swell.

(a visual representation i guess? also this was very rushed I'm sry alxblajf)

Soon, I managed to finish up the braid. "Tada! French braid completed!" I announced proudly. Asahi swung his braid around a bit before feeling his hair. "Oh wow this is really neat." He said in awe as his eyes shone. "I learnt from the best", I laughed. "Braid are really durable, especially french braids. Plus..." I glanced at his happy expression. "You look good with it..."

His eyes widened as his cheeks turned red. "Maybe you can teach me how to tie a braid then Noya-san", he said with such a bright smile. I couldn't help but think, man i love him.

"Of course Asahi, anything for you"

oh hey this is corny lol anyways sry for disappearing for like 3 months i had writers block-