ᶠⁱᵛᵉ. ᴵ ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ˢʷⁱᵐ

chapter five,( i can't swim

chapter five,
( i can't swim. )

Thomas and Eliza entered the WCKD building, following shortly behind Teresa, who looked like she was about to faint from nervousness.

"Don't stop." Thomas muttered, so only the two girls could hear. Eliza and Thomas both had masks covering their faces, just like the rest of the WCKD guards, so nobody knew who they were. The younger girl was carrying a gun, smaller than Thomas's, but she noticed other people with similar ones. People stared, but Eliza didn't dare look at them. Until the trio stopped abruptly, coming face to face with a WCKD guard with a mask on.

Eliza smirked under her mask, knowing it was Newt. He nodded, and the four of them descended some stairs, before running into another WCKD guard, Gally. The group continued to walk in silence until they reached a sliding door, and Teresa opened it. They all followed shortly after her, guns raised in case of anyone else.

"Hold on." Gally said, stopping at some electrical wires. "I can get in here."

"Stay there." Thomas said as they all lifted their masks. "Throw me the walkie." Thomas descended some more stairs, and Eliza watched as Newt began to cough. He was getting worse. And she knew it. They all knew it.

She glared at Teresa, who was staring at the blonde boy, as Gally began to drill into the electrical wire box, as Thomas came back up the stairs.

"Frypan, we're in, how you doing?" Thomas asked over the walkie.

"Yeah, I'm getting there." Eliza heard Frypan reply. "Tell Minho hi for me."

"Hang in there, buddy." Thomas said.

Gally ripped open the door to the electrical box. "This'll work." He said, fumbling with some wires as Thomas turned the walkie on.

"Brenda, what's your status?" He asked,

"Status is, I'm working on it." Eliza heard Brenda say.

"Copy." Thomas said. "Make sure you're ready on your end."

"Don't worry you know I'm gonna be there." Brenda replied, and Eliza could hear the smirk through the walkie.

Eliza watched as Gally placed something, she didn't know what, on the inside of the door of the electrical box. "Alright, let's go."

The door opened right in front of the group, revealing a WCKD guard. Thomas acted fast, shooting the man with the tazer gun, sending him to the floor shaking. Thomas and Newt continued to shoot, until all the guards in the room were on the floor, shaking from electrical shock.

A man ran at Eliza but she used her gun to knock him on the side of the head, knocking him unconscious as he fell to the floor. Her breathing was heavy as she raced to one of the multiple doors in the room, swinging it open to reveal a dozen kids, around her age, all presumable immunes.