ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ. ᵃᵇˢᵒˡᵘᵗᵉˡʸ ᶠᵘᶜᵏⁱⁿᵍ ⁿᵒᵗ

chapter three,( absolutely fucking not

chapter three,
( absolutely fucking not. )

Eliza pushed through the crowd of the ruined city, her pink hoodie pulled over her blonde hair. People shoved her shoulders, and she most likely would have fallen over if Brenda wasn't gripping onto her arm.

"We just gotta stay together." She heard Thomas say to Jorfe from in front of her.

"We are the voice of the voiceless!" A man's voice said through a speaker, and Eliza looked in his direction. A group of masked men drove by in a car, some sitting on the car and some inside, while one with a speaker sat on top with two others, shouting into the crowd. One of the men on top of the car stared down at the group. Eliza glared at him, making him look away, even though she couldn't even see his face.

"They hide behind their walls," The man talking continued as the car drove through the crowd. "Thinking they can keep the cure for themselves." WCKD. "While they watch the rest of us wither and rot!"

The crowd of people in the ruined city cheered as they drove past and Eliza looked at Brenda in confusion, who simply shrugged. A familiar sound caught her attention, and Eliza looked up to see atleast three WCKD aircrafts flying in the air, hovering over the ruined city.

The group continued to walk, until they popped out of an alleyway, and now Eliza could see the walls surrounding the last city, but there were hundreds of people surrounding them, protesting and shouting.

"That's it, that's our way in!" Thomas shouted to the group over all the noise. Said boy began to push through the crowd of people, trying to get to the front.

"Thomas!" Jorge shouted after him. "This is not what you're looking for. All these people trying to get in and you think you're gonna find something they can't?"

"I came this far im not turning back now." Thomas replied, and Eliza made her way towards him gripping onto his arm for safety.

"Tom, I don't know about this." Eliza said, fear in her voice, jumping up to try and talk in his ear. "Somethings not right." She looked back, noticing that the men in masks from earlier were lingering in the crowd, and she could feel their eyes on her. She tugged on Thomas's sleeve, but it didn't grab his attention.

"Get out of my way!" Jorge shouted and shoved some people as the group made it to the front, where there was a barrier between the walls and the people.

"Guys I think we gotta go, somethings wrong." Eliza said making everyone look behind them as the masked men began to make their way towards them. Thomas wrapped his arms around Elizas shoulder protectively, since she was much shorter than him and only reached below his chest.

A sudden loud metallic creaking noise made the whole crowd go silent, drawing everyone's attention to the walls. Suddenly, large weaponry with red lights appeared from the walls, all aimed towards the crowd, and all the citizens of the ruined city began to scream, running away in the opposite direction.