ᵗʷᵒ. ᵐᵃˢᵗᵉʳ ᵖˡᵃⁿ

chapter two,( master plan

chapter two,
( master plan. )

Eliza's back rested up against her door, her legs stuck out onto Thomas's lap, who was sitting near the other window. The group of four in the car were silent as Frypan drove. The girl in the back seat fiddled with her fingers.

"What's your favorite color?" Eliza blurted out, asking nobody in particular.

"You're so random, Eliza." Thomas sighed, a small smile on his face as he looked over at the girl.

"So, what is it? What's your favorite color?" Eliza asked again, this time asking Thomas.

"Either blue or black." The boy shrugged.

"Like your soul?" Eliza cocked her head to the side, and her words made Frypan let out a laugh.

"Okay, well what's yours?" Thomas asked the girl.

"Maybe pink, or green, but I like pink." Eliza shrugged. "Newt, what's yours?"

"Probably orange." Newt said, turning around to look at the two in the back.

"Like sand?" Eliza asked, confused why he liked that color.

"Sand isn't orange, sweetheart." Thomas said as he pat the girl's leg, shaking his head as he held in a laugh.

"Yeah, it is." Eliza said, sitting upright as she threw her hands in the air.

"Sands like a beigey kinda of color. What kind of question even if this?" Newt said, shaking his head.

"Well, nobody asked, but my favorite color's purple." Frypan said, eyes on the road.

"Girly." Newt chuckled.

"Colors don't have genders, Newt." Eliza said as she leant back against the door. Her words made Newt smile before everyone eventually went silent again. "So... who's keen to see my family reunion?" Eliza clapped her hands together as the sarcastic words left her mouth, making Thomas's lips form a thin line.

"It'll be okay." Thomas said, placing a hand on the young girl's bad leg, which was laid across his lap. "If any of them try to touch you, they'll be dead before you know it."

"And if Teresa tries to touch you," Eliza started. "I'll throat punch her real bad." She had a hatred for the girl, and everyone knew that. They also knew that if Eliza and Teresa were to be put in a room together, Eliza would kick her ass, even with one leg.

After hours of driving, the car passed a sign, reading 'MANDATORY INFECTION CHECK'. The sign was large, and for some reason, it sent chills down Liza's spine. After a few more minutes of driving, the car came to a stop in front of a tunnel, that had dozens of cars abandon out the front. The four teens jumped out, looking around the entrance to the tunnel.