ᵒⁿᵉ. ʳᵉˢᶜᵘᵉᵈ

chapter one,( rescued

chapter one,
( rescued. )

Six Months Later.
Eliza sat in her bed, rocking back and forth with her arms wrapping around her knees that were pulled close to her chest. Her dark hair was matted and her vision was blurry, not from tears, but because she felt like she was about to faint.

"My name is Eliza." The young girl muttered under her breath, tugging at the dark roots of her hair. "I escaped the maze. I got caught again. My dad will come save me. Thomas will come save me."

The girl continued to rock back and forth, trying to calm down her own rapid heart rate. She felt like she was going insane. She was tired of seeing the same rooms over and over again, along with the same white walls and the same four people.

She was sinking in her own depression. And she needed Thomas to save her. Eliza knew he was the only person that would ever be able to drag her out of this hell.

The door to her room swung open suddenly, and in walked two guards.

"No." Liza said, immediately assuming they were going to run more tests on her, and continue to poke and prod at her with needles.

"Time to go." One of the two men standing at the door said as they walked towards her.

"Get off of me! No!" The girl resisted as she screamed and kicked, before her hands were cuffed in front of her and she officially gave up.

Eliza walked, hands cuffed in front of her, two WCKD guards on either side of her, numbly through the halls that were going to haunt her for the rest of her life. She wore black pants and a navy shirt, that read 'WCKD PROPERTY'. A lot had evidently changed since WCKD had taken her. She had lost weight, the bags underneath her eyes were more prominent, and she had gotten even more depressed.

Eliza had been starved, chained up, tortured, put into simulations and beaten just to get information out of her, but she never gave anything up.

She still wore her leg brace, because that was something WCKD was never going to be able to change. She hadn't cried in months. She hadn't been happy in months. She hadn't been angry in months. She hadn't felt anything in months. Eliza was completely and utterly numb. She hadn't spoken to Minho or anyone else, except for Ava and Janson and Theo, at all since she'd been taken.

The girl still wished that Thomas and the others would come save her, but after six months, she had started to lose hope. Eliza knows Thomas isn't one to give up, she knew that he would travel the whole world to help the people he loves, but that's what she was afraid of; that he would have to travel the whole world to find her. And what if he never did?