ˢⁱˣ. ᴵ ᵈᵒ ᵉᵛᵉʳʸᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ ᵃʳᵒᵘⁿᵈ ʰᵉʳᵉ

chapter six,( god, i do everything around here

chapter six,
( god, i do everything around here. )

Eliza had been the first to follow the unknown girl, until the rest of the group decided it was worth a shot. The youngest of the group ended up walking beside Thomas as the girl in front of them slid open a rusty door.

The sight inside shocked Eliza. It seemed a to be an abandoned warehouse of some sort, except it wasn't abandoned. People were everywhere - kids, teens, adults, elderly. Some were asleep, others stared at the group as they passed. Some sat in front of small fires, others watched children run around and play games.

"Come on, keep up." The girl, who Eliza still didn't know the name of, said as they continued to walk. "Jorge wants to meet you."

"Who's Jorge?" Thomas asked as they walked up a set of stairs, entering another floor.

"You'll see." The girl replied simple, making Eliza scrunch her brows up in confusion. Okay, so maybe this wasn't the best idea. "No one's come out of the scorch in a long time. You've just got him curious. And me, too." The girl finished, glancing at Thomas, making Eliza send the boy a look.

Suddenly, Eliza heard men laughing, and she whipped her head around to see a group of men had begun to follow her and the others, making her swallow thickly before exchanging looks with Frypan and Newt.

"Anyone else starting to get a bad feeling about this place?" Newt asked.

"Glad I'm not the only one." Eliza muttered quietly.

"Let's just hear him out." Thomas said, trying to sound reassuring. "See what he has to say." The group walked up another set of stairs, and into a room where a man was standing by himself, messing around with what looked like a radio.

"Jorge," the girl said. "They're here."

"Shh, Brenda." Jorge said.

"Damn it." He said as all that could be heard was radio static, before turning around and placing his hands on his hips. "You ever get the feeling the whole worlds against you?"

Eliza raised her eyebrows. "All the time." She sighed, rolling her head back before standing up straight.

"Three questions," Jorge said, ignoring Eliza. "Where did you come from? Where are you going? How can I profit?"

Nobody answered.

"Don't all answer at once." Jorge said, taking a drink of water from a glass, making Eliza realise how dehydrated she was.