ᵗʷᵒ. ᴵ ʷᵃⁿⁿᵃ ᵗʳⁱᵖ ʰⁱᵐ ᵒᵛᵉʳ

chapter two, ( i wanna trip him over

chapter two,
( i wanna trip him over. )

Eliza slept through the entire night that night, but it hadn't been peaceful. She'd had nightmares before, but none were like they were that night. They consisted of Chuck, grievers, and the friends she had left meeting terrible ends.

Yet she hadn't woken up once. But she had definitely woken the others up from her screams towards the early hours of the morning, and her sleep talking throughout the night. But they had all collectively decided it was best not to wake her, since she hadn't slept for longer than two hours in multiple days.

When Eliza had woken up, the others were awake around her. They all acted like they didn't care, except for one. Minho. He kept throwing out sarcastic comments and jokes, and after a few minutes of taking it, Eliza resulted with punching him in the back. Hard.

An hour later, the Gladers sat in the cafeteria, Teresa still no where to be seen. Thomas had explained the events of the night before, and what he had gotten up to.

Eliza was currently ignoring Janson, who was standing up at the front of the room, reading out the daily list of names, with Theo by his side once again.

"I wanna know what's through that door." Thomas stated, staring down Janson and Theo.

"Now, we've been over this." Newt started. "You said they were covered up. So, you don't know what you saw."

"I know exactly what I say. They were bodies." Thomas said. "Aris said they bring in a new batch every night."

"Who the hell is Aris?" Minho voiced everyone's thoughts. Thomas nodded to the scrawny looking boy who was sitting alone, holding a piece of pumpkin in the air as he examined it.

"I wanna trip him over." Eliza said as she turned back to Thomas.

"And last but not least," Janson said. "Eliza." Said girl stiffened at the sound of her voice, and Thomas seemed to sit up straighter. The young girl glanced between Janson and her friends around her, and the man was staring at her, waiting for her to come up to the front of the cafeteria.

She swallowed thickly, swinging herself out of her chair, but Thomas grabbed her arm gently before she could leave.

"Eliza." Janson said once more.

"I'll be okay." She said to Thomas, removing his hand from her arm and sending him a small smile. But in reality, her heart was racing vigorously, and she was on the verge of a panic attack as she began to follow Janson, Theo, and the two guards out of the room.