ⁿⁱⁿᵉ. ᵈᵘᵐᵇ ᶠᵘᶜᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᶠᵃʳᵗ ᵏⁿᵒᶜᵏᵉʳˢ

chapter nine,( dumb fucking fart knockers

chapter nine,
( dumb fucking fart knockers. )

"Eliza, come on!" Thomas shouted over all the screams. Said girl was standing in shock in front of the doors as the griever raced towards her. Her feet were glued to the grass below her, and she could feel her heart racing as she got flash backs from the night in the maze.

Thomas grabbed Eliza by the arm, snapping her out of her daze as he began to half drag her towards the fields, where Teresa and a few other Gladers were cowering under the long grass. Eliza whimpered, from both pain and fear, as she bent down as far as she could, resting against Thomas like he was her life line, which he practically was, to not fall over.

Eliza knew that the screams of the other Gladers and the growling of the grievers would keep her up at night until the day she died, which she kind of hoped wouldn't be tonight. Thomas placed one of his hands over the young girls mouth to muffle the whimpers that were escaping her lips. He brought one of his fingers up to his mouth, signaling for her to be quiet. She nodded, trying here hardest to do so.

Suddenly, a griever claw appeared out of the grass, reached down and grabbing Zart in the process.

"Help!" The boy screamed as the griever snatched him away. Thomas lunged forward, but he was too late to save him. The small group of Gladers jumped up, and Eliza did the same with the help of Thomas.

"Go!" Thomas shouted. "Get to the village!" Eliza did what the boy said, and they all ran, heading towards the med jacks hut to get Alby. But they stopped in their tracks when they saw Alby getting carried out by Clint and Jeff.

"What's going on?" Alby asked.

"They're here." Thomas replied.

"Grievers?" Jeff asked in disbelief, and his question was answered by more acreams. "Thomas what do we do?" Jeff asked as the grievers got closer.

"Everybody run!" Thomas shouted as grievers started to appear from everywhere. The group of Gladers began to run, but a griever burst out of a hut in front of them, making them all come to a stop.

Teresa reacted first, picking up a torch that was lit and throwing it at the creature, setting it alight. The group began to run again, but another griever began to gain on them. Eliza and Thomas were at the back, but there was another boy behind him.

Eliza didn't even get a chance to look back at said boy before he was scooped up by a griever. Thomas pushed Eliza forward lightly, so she wasn't at the very back, before urging the others to keep running.

Jeff and Clint suddenly lost their grip on Alby, and the whole group stopped.

"Get behind me!" Thomas shouted, pushing Eliza behind him as he held his machete at the ready as the griever stopped a few meters in front of him, roaring in the process.

And just as the griever was about to pounce, spears were sent flying into its side, and Eliza whipped her head to where the weapons had come from, only to see Newt, Minho, and Fry racing towards them.