ᵉⁱᵍʰᵗ. ᵗʰᵃⁿᵏʸᵒᵘ

chapter eight,( thankyou

chapter eight,
( thankyou. )

Just as Eliza was about to eat her sandwich, her attention was drawn towards the lookout tower, where a bunch of Gladers were racing towards it as someone with long, dark hair scaled up the ladder.

Eliza's eyes widened in realisation. It was the girl. She was the one climbing up the lookout tower until she sat on the top level, unable to be seen by the rest. She stood up from the table, completely forgetting about the sandwich and racing, as fast as she could, towards the rest of the Gladers, who were all currently crowding around the bottom of the lookout tower.

The new girl was throwing things down at the Gladers, consisting of rocks mostly and other random things she'd found. Eliza groaned loudly as something hard hit her hand, which had been covering her face.

"Mother-" Eliza started, looking down at her now scratched up hand, but a familiar voice beside her cut her off.

"Language." Frypan said, and Eliza turned towards him, pursing her lips together before shaking her head.

"What the fuck is going on?" Eliza shouted over all the noise. "What did you guys do to her?" She didn't know if the others hadn't heard her, or if they just weren't focusing on her right now.

"What happened?" Thomas questioned as he appeared beside Eliza.

"I don't think she likes us very much." Newt said with a chuckle, obviously amused by all this.

"Girls are awesome." Chuck said with a wide smile from the other side of Thomas, making Eliza laugh.

"We are, aren't we?" Eliza asked rhetorically, making the boy nod.

"What do you want?" The new girl shouted down to the Gladers, still not showing herself.

"We don't wanna hurt you, girl!" Eliza shouted up, cupping her hands over her mouth so the new girl would hear her over all the noise.

"I'm warning you!" The girl shouted, continuing to throw more things down onto the Gladers.

"Take cover, y'all!" Fry yelled, hiding under some sort of frypan, which Eliza found very ironic.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Thomas shouted, "it's me, Thomas!" Everything went quiet as the girl popped her head over the edge. "Okay, I'm gonna come up, okay?" The girl didn't reply, she simply just disappeared back over the edge again, which Thomas took as a yes.

Thomas stepped towards the ladder, and Gally went to follow him.

"Just me." Thomas said, making Gally pause. Eliza watched as the boy climbed up the ladder, before disappearing up the top. She stood, slightly disappointed in how things were playing out.