ˢᵉᵛᵉⁿ. ʲᵘᵍᵍˡᵉ ᵗʰᵉˢᵉ ⁿᵘᵗˢ

chapter seven,( juggle these nuts

chapter seven,
( juggle these nuts. )

Eliza followed Minho, Newt and Thomas into the Med Jacks hut, where the girl was unconscious on a bed, with Jeff and Clint standing above her. Eliza didn't know what she should be focusing on, the leg brace or the new girl. She could hear Alby going through the changing from where he was still restrained to the bed, but she couldn't find it in herself to look at him.

"Jeff," Newt said, as the four of them stood in a line in front of the two med jacks and the girl. "What's going on? What's the matter with her? Why won't she wake up?"

"Hey man," Jeff said. "I got my job the same way you did." Eliza bit the inside of her cheek. No way they finally sent up another girl just for her to never wake up.

"Well, do you recognize her?" Newt asked Thomas, his arms crossed over his chest. The boy shook his head 'no' in response. "Really? Because she seemed to recognize you."

"What about the note?" Thomas questioned, avoiding the previous statement.

"Yeah, we'll worry about the note later." Newt said, obviously worried about it, but also trying to keep calm since he was now in charge.

"I think we should worry about it now." Eliza spoke up, shaking her head, knowing that ignoring the inevitable was dumb.

"We've got enough to deal with right now, Eliza." Newt said.

"She's right, newt." Jeff said. "If the box isn't coming back up, how long do you think we can last?"

"No one said that." Newt shook his head. "Let's not jump to any conclusions. We'll just...We'll just wait until she wakes up and see what she knows. Somebody's gotta have some answers around here."

"Okay." Thomas nodded, turning around and leaving the med jacks hut, making Eliza scrunch her nose up in confusion.

"And where are you going?" Newt questioned.

"Back into the maze." Thomas replied, as if it was as simple as that. Eliza watched helplessly as Minho rolled his eyes, following after the boy. She bit her tongue, resisting the urge to say a sarcastic comment because she felt completely and utterly useless in that moment.

"You okay?" Clint asked her, staring at her with worry. All three of the boys in the room were now staring at her as if she was a broken piece of glass that was going to shatter at any moment.

"Yeah." Eliza replied. "I'm fine." Lie. Of course, she wasn't fine. But she hated talking about her feelings, so she planned on never doing so.

"Why don't you try the leg brace?" Jeff asked, sending her a small smile. She nodded, and she sat down on a small stool in the corner, placing the crutches on the wall beside her. Jeff came over, kneeling down in front of her left leg, and after a few moments, the leg brace was attached to her lower leg. He grabbed her hands, helping her stand up properly.