ˢⁱˣ. ˢᵗᵒᵖ ᵗᵃˡᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵒᵘᵗ ᵒᶠ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵃˢˢ

chapter six,( stop talking out of your ass

chapter six,
( stop talking out of your ass. )

Two hours later, Eliza was awake again. She had slept lightly, not being able to sleep most likely because she was overtired, and her mind was racing. She was fully dressed now, wearing her grey jumper and the same pair of pants as earlier. You'd think she'd be hot and sweaty, but she was practically shivering, and she thought it might have something to do with the fact that she hadn't eaten in over a day.

She was sitting on the side of the bed, staring down at her leg silently. Jeff, Newt and Clint were having a conversation by the door, which was obviously about Eliza. Thomas and Minho on the other hand were sitting on either side of the young girl, trying to get her to talk. Gally and a few other builders had built her a pair of crutches, and they were leaning against the wall in the corner.

Eliza was completely blocking out what the two boys were saying. She had only heard a few words, and which consisted of 'food', 'you're going to be okay', 'here for you', and 'gladers', but only three words stuck out to her. 'A new job'.

"What?" Eliza whipped her head towards Minho, who had said the words, and the boy immediately widened his eyes.

"What?" Minho repeated.

"A new job?" Eliza questioned. "You said 'a new job'. I-I can't be a runner anymore?" Minho turned to look at Newt and the two med jacks, who were staring at him with wide eyes, and Eliza glanced at everybody in the room, and noticed that they all had the same look on their faces.

"Minho." Newt scolded, running his hands over his face, making Eliza realize what was going on. She wasn't supposed to know. She wasn't supposed to know that she can't be a runner anymore.

"What?!" Eliza cried out, voice still husky. "So, I'm not allowed to be a runner anymore? What the fuck?!"

"Language." Minho spoke up from beside Eliza. She turned towards him, resisting the urge to strangle him, instead sending him the dirtiest look, making him stand up rather quickly.

"Eliza, you need to listen-" Newt began, but he was cut off by said girl, who was getting more and more upset as this conversation went on. Running was the only thing she was sure she was good at. Apart from the boys, her boys, running was the only thing she loved.

"No." She shook her head.

"You can't be a runner if you can barely walk." Jeff spoke up softly. Eliza bit the inside of her cheek so hard, that she could taste the small bits of blood in her mouth. She bent down, resting her elbows on her knees, tugging at the roots of her knotty hair roughly. Suddenly, someone knocked on the door to the medjacks hut, and it slowly swung open to reveal Gally.

"Guys, the meetings gotta start soon." Gally said, interrupting the deafening silence that was drifting through the air.

"He's right." Newt spoke up, crossing his arms over his chest. "Liza, it's up to you whether you want to come or not."