ᶠᵒᵘʳ. ˢᵘʳᵛⁱᵛⁱⁿᵍ ᵒᵛᵉʳ ˢᵃⁿⁱᵗʸ

chapter five( dying in every way

chapter five
( dying in every way. )

Eliza was currently laying down on a handmade bed, Thomas, Minho, Newt, Jeff and Clint all gathered around her. Alby had been laid down on a bed around the corner from her, tied down and currently unconscious. The girl's eyes were red and puffy from crying, and her face was slightly blotchy and bloody. The bruising around her neck was currently showing more than ever and now had a purple tint to it.

Her shirt had been taken off, fully consensual of course, leaving her in her sports bra. There was a large rip in the top of her pants, where her wound was, that had been stitched up now. The blood had been dried and wiped off.

"How are you feeling?" Jeff asked, wiping the blood off his hands.

"Absolutely incredible." Eliza said, voice croaky from both the screaming and crying she had done, and from being strangled by Alby. Jeff sent the girl a look, making her heart drop. Well, it's not like it ever lifted itself back up from the pit of her stomach, anyway. "I know that face," she said knowingly. "Spit it out."

"The piece of metal is still moving." Jeff said. "That's why you're still in pain. I thought it would have stabilized by now...but apparently not."

"So how 'bout you take it out?" Eliza asked, trying not to cry again. Whether that was from fear or pain she couldn't tell.

"That's what we need to talk about." Jeff said, sending a look to Clint, who was standing beside him with his arms crossed over his chest. Eliza swallowed the lump that was forming in her throat as Jeff walked closer to her. "The piece of metal is pressing on your spine. If we leave it in, for all I know, you'll live, but you'll never walk again."

"Then take it out." The girl replied simply, as if that was the only option. And in her mind, it was. Jeff stared at her for a moment, exchanging a glance with some of the other boys, before he spoke up nervously.

"The surgery could kill you." His words made Eliza shiver, like she wanted to throw up. "We have no equipment, no anesthesia. You'd be awake the entire time, Eliza. Think about what you're doing."

"Will I be able to walk again?" She asked, trying to keep her voice steady.

"Maybe." Clint spoke up, answering this time. Eliza felt more tears coming, and she didn't even try to stop them this time.

"Take it out."

Around ten minutes later, Eliza was laying on her stomach, Thomas, Minho, Newt, Clint and Jeff were all still in the room, a sad and scared feeling floating in the air.

"Okay," Jeff said. "Only one of you in the room. We don't want to make her more nervous than she already is."

"You don't need to speak about me like I'm not here." Eliza said with a little chuckle, trying to lighten the mood. Hint: it didn't work.